Parasol Tahoe foundation awards $50K in grants
Ryan Summerlin July 28, 2014
Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation has awarded six nonprofit organizations with the largest Community Fund Grants given to date.
Congratulations to Lake Tahoe Community College Foundation, North Tahoe Arts, Project MANA, High Fives Non-Profit Foundation, Tahoe Fund and Tahoe Institute for Natural Science as recipients of Parasol’s 2014 Community Fund Grants.
The organizations were recently honored during a special luncheon in the Trepp Room at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center.
“Our Community Fund Grant awards are made possible by the generosity of Parasol’s donors,” said Claudia Andersen, CEO. “The Community Fund Grants awarded $50,000 in unrestricted grant funding. Parasol’s donors continue to make a positive impact in the Tahoe region.”
North Tahoe Arts and Project MANA each received a $10,000 unrestricted grant for their progress, innovation and vision for the future.
The other organizations each received a $7,500 unrestricted grant for showcasing effective methods of delivering programs and services and sustaining measurable results.
“This year, the Community Fund grant application was designed to identify nonprofit organizations that are experts in their field, providing value to our regional community culturally, educationally, environmentally, socially or through community leadership,” said Megan Weiss, director of Programs and Services. “North Tahoe Arts and Project MANA exceeded all expectations and have the potential to further improve and expand their programs and services and set a precedent in leadership, strategy and fiscal responsibility in the nonprofit community.”
Congratulations to the six standout organizations selected for Parasol’s Community Fund Grants. Parasol has made a solid investment in each one and will showcase some of the programs and services they provide in the future.
Jean Eick is the Communications Manager for the Parasol Tahoe Community Foundation.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Amid housing crisis, North Tahoe-Truckee real estate sales thrive
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Opinion: Placer County shows lack of commitment to Lake Tahoe