Quintessential 80s/90s covers on tap Saturday in North Tahoe
July 24, 2013
If you go
What: Lovefool 80s and 90s tribute
When: 10 p.m. Saturday, July 27
Where: Crystal Bay Casino Crown Room
Lovefool (formally Sex Type Thing) is returning to the Crystal Bay Casino Crown Room on Saturday, July 27, for a free 80s and 90s dance party show that begins at 10 p.m.
Based in San Francisco and featuring members of the popular 80s cover band Tainted Love, Lovefool combines the tried and trusted pop hits of the 80s, with the mega dance hits and rock anthems of the 90s and 80s, and hits from the millennium to the present, taking you on an epic musical journey from “Jessie’s Girl” to “Just A Girl” to “California Gurls.” Lovefool goes from the Go-Go’s to Goo Goo Dolls to Lady Gaga, according to the band’s website.
Anyone who has seen a non-stop, wild and crazy performance of Tainted Love will tell you that this is a free show not to be missed, and you won’t have to have big hair, just a plaid shirt and pair of sneakers.
“You’d be a fool not to love these guys,” writes one fan on the band’s website. “These guys can sing and dance and really read the crowd. Song after song, they kept the energy high and the crowd dancing. You can completely trust them to WOW the audience.”
And, as one fan sums it up, “Lovefool is the most awesome cover band in existence.”
Read more about the band at http://www.lovefoolive.com.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway