Riverside Studios First Friday in Truckee to feature artist, music, juice tastings
July 31, 2014
Riverside Studios will host a First Friday art show Aug. 1, 5-8 p.m. with live music by Colleen Akiko Jackson, cold pressed juice tastings by the Mill Juice Shop.
Featured artist Patricia Wallis has been a fine art painter for 30 years, painting on canvas, board and copper.
Copper gives images a luminescence not found on canvas or board. Oil painting on copper goes back to the 15th century, although it is rarely used by contemporary artists.
Wallis is the recipient of numerous awards and honors. Her art was on exhibit at the Nevada State Museum from October 2010 through February 2011.
In 2006 the Nevada Museum of Art acquired one of her paintings for their permanent collection. In 2001 Paramount Studios commissioned her to do a 4 by 5-foot painting for the movie "Vanilla Sky." Wallis was the recipient of the prestigious Jane Gallagher Award for excellence in painting in 2004.
Southwest Art magazine featured her work in October 1999 and again in April 2004. In 1999 her work was selected for the cover of the book "Open Spaces: A Guide to the Marin County Open Space District" by Barry Spitz. The Art of California magazine awarded the Bronze Discovery Award to Wallis in 1993.
The event will be held at Riverside Studios, 10060 Donner Pass Road in Truckee. Visit http://www.riversideartstudios.com.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Waterman’s Landing in Carnelian Bay is an all-inclusive, human-powered watersport hub
- Bark beetle infestation continues to threaten Tahoe-Truckee forests
- Tahoe City company brings gourmet dining to the wilderness
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public
- Incline Village’s Nix looks to don Aztecs scarlet and black