Schaffer’s Mill donates to Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation
March 10, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Schaffer’s Mill, home of the HGTV Dream Home 2014, donated $51,047 to the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation from proceeds raised through HGTV Dream Home tour ticket sales.
“We’re excited and proud to donate more than $51,000 to the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation,” said John Marlin, managing partner for Schaffer’s Mill. “We had more than 5,000 HGTV fans tour the Dream Home and can’t thank the Tahoe Forest Health System Foundation enough for their volunteer efforts in helping us manage Dream Home tours.”
The Schaffer’s Mill community east of Truckee was chosen by HGTV as the HGTV Dream Home 2014 location last spring. HGTV decorated the 3,200-plus square foot modern mountain retreat.
The HGTV Dream Home 2014 was revealed on HGTV on Wednesday, Jan. 1, with fans entering to win at http://www.hgtv.com (entry has closed).
The winner will be announced during the HGTV Dream Home Giveaway 2014 special on April 15, 2014, at 6 p.m., EST.
The HGTV Dream Home was designed by Truckee-based Ward-Young Architects and was built by Tanamera Builders. Blending traditional and contemporary forms, the home is designed with two wings: a living wing and a bedroom wing with large expanses of glass and sliding door systems to create transparent and direct connection between indoors and outdoors.
Past locations for the HGTV Dream Home include Kiawah Island, South Carolina in 2013; Park City, Utah in 2012, Stowe, Vt. in 2011; and Sandia Park, New Mexico in 2010.
The Schaffer’s Mill community features home sites from the $200’s, mountain lodges from the $900’s and estate homes and luxury cabins from $1.2 million. Open since 2008 and named after the “Father of Truckee,” George Schaffer, Schaffer’s Mill pays homage to Schaffer, his ideals and vision.
Schaffer’s Mill is a private golf and lake club. Memberships are available to those living inside or outside of the community.
New Martis Partners acquired the former Timilick property in January 2011 and immediately set about to rebrand and reposition the community. New Martis Partners is a Dallas-based real estate development firm specializing in the creation of family-oriented communities. The firm’s multi-disciplined leaders have more than 75 years of experience behind their vision to create communities with lasting value.
For more information on Schaffer’s Mill visit http://www.schaffersmill.com.
Trending In: Local
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- What Reno airport’s recent growth means for North Tahoe-Truckee