Section of Truckee River Bike Trail to close starting Monday
September 25, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — A portion of the Truckee River Bike Trail between Alpine Meadows Road and Fir Crags Road will be closed starting Monday.
It's a safety precaution in response to Tahoe-Truckee Sanitation Agency working to rehab a sewer main along the river corridor, officials said.
For those traveling between Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows Road, a temporary bike path detour will be provided.
For those traveling between Tahoe City and Alpine Meadows Road, a free shuttle will be provided around the work zone, operating during daylight hours weather permitting.
The bike path segment will be closed until Nov. 15.
Questions and concerns should be directed to T-TSA by calling 530-587-2525.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues