Section of Truckee River Bike Trail to close starting Monday
September 25, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — A portion of the Truckee River Bike Trail between Alpine Meadows Road and Fir Crags Road will be closed starting Monday.
It's a safety precaution in response to Tahoe-Truckee Sanitation Agency working to rehab a sewer main along the river corridor, officials said.
For those traveling between Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows Road, a temporary bike path detour will be provided.
For those traveling between Tahoe City and Alpine Meadows Road, a free shuttle will be provided around the work zone, operating during daylight hours weather permitting.
The bike path segment will be closed until Nov. 15.
Questions and concerns should be directed to T-TSA by calling 530-587-2525.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- California’s climate change program would suspend controversial fire fee
- Recent studies tie marijuana to more collisions but not fatalities
- Tahoe Keys Marina without running water
- Recreational marijuana could be sold in Incline Village as early as Aug. 4
- Truckee-Tahoe business owners tackle housing shortage by becoming landlords
- Researchers discover three new toad species in Nevada’s Great Basin
- Truckee Donner Land Trust and Nature Conservancy secure another piece of the Sierra
- Former Truckee officer charged with multiple counts of assault
- Former Truckee Police officer pleads not guilty in excessive force case
- Clearly Tahoe offers new perspective of Lake Tahoe with clear kayaks