Section of Truckee River Bike Trail to close starting Monday
September 25, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — A portion of the Truckee River Bike Trail between Alpine Meadows Road and Fir Crags Road will be closed starting Monday.
It's a safety precaution in response to Tahoe-Truckee Sanitation Agency working to rehab a sewer main along the river corridor, officials said.
For those traveling between Squaw Valley and Alpine Meadows Road, a temporary bike path detour will be provided.
For those traveling between Tahoe City and Alpine Meadows Road, a free shuttle will be provided around the work zone, operating during daylight hours weather permitting.
The bike path segment will be closed until Nov. 15.
Questions and concerns should be directed to T-TSA by calling 530-587-2525.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Shortage of construction workers in Nevada County reaching critical levels
- Bark beetle infestation continues to threaten Tahoe-Truckee forests
- Series of earthquakes strike near Truckee
- Bear finds garbage gold mine in Tahoe Keys truck
- Incline Flume Trail received $130K grant for improvements, and is now open to the public