SnowFest! draws crowds, raises funds
March 20, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — The SnowFest! crew is in the process of follow-up surveys, however, in light of the so-so snowpack, the event still drew crowds to the North Lake Tahoe region.
“We do know that there were people out enjoying Tahoe, as well as spending money every day that SnowFest! events were happening,” said Pam Pokorny, SnowFest! executive director. “Increases in traffic and sales to businesses, as well as visual recognition for the event producers venues is key to what SnowFest! is striving to bring to the Tahoe region.
“If we can get one, two or 20 new prospective clients for these businesses, who can potentially become return customers and bring more guests with them in the future, then we did our job!”
In addition to a festival full of entertaining events, the SnowFest! Queen Raffle raised 14,000 for nonprofits in the North Lake Tahoe Area.
Visit http://www.tahoesnowfestival.com for more information.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway