SnowFest! draws crowds, raises funds
Ryan Summerlin March 20, 2014
TAHOE, Calif. — The SnowFest! crew is in the process of follow-up surveys, however, in light of the so-so snowpack, the event still drew crowds to the North Lake Tahoe region.
“We do know that there were people out enjoying Tahoe, as well as spending money every day that SnowFest! events were happening,” said Pam Pokorny, SnowFest! executive director. “Increases in traffic and sales to businesses, as well as visual recognition for the event producers venues is key to what SnowFest! is striving to bring to the Tahoe region.
“If we can get one, two or 20 new prospective clients for these businesses, who can potentially become return customers and bring more guests with them in the future, then we did our job!”
In addition to a festival full of entertaining events, the SnowFest! Queen Raffle raised 14,000 for nonprofits in the North Lake Tahoe Area.
Visit www.tahoesnowfestival.com for more information.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer