Soroptimist installs officers, calls for volunteerism
August 8, 2014
Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner installed President Linnis Jellinek, 2014-2015 officers and board of directors at a dinner installation program hosted by Laura and Guy Mohun in Truckee.
The Board was installed by two-term Immediate Past President and Sierra Nevada Region District 5 Director Noel Trim. Additional members of the board include: Francine Tone, president-elect; Nancy Davis, treasurer; Mary Meier, recording secretary; Leslie Dugger, corresponding secretary; Constance Ledna, treasurer-elect; Susan Horst and Laura Mohun, directors; Kathy Neus and Alissa Just, delegates; and Pati Johnson, parliamentarian.
Jellinek announced "Raise Your Hand to Volunteer" as the year's theme and expressed her gratitude for any level of volunteerism. Her logo displays four hands raised at different levels.
"The logo has different levels of raised hands, from the 'pick me,' to an affirmative 'I've got this,' to 'I might want to, but I have questions,' and sometimes to say, 'life has happened and I need help,'" said Jellinek. The theme accommodates all who step up to join the Club and the Club remains supportive as life moves along.
President Jellinek encourages all levels of volunteerism and extends a welcome to all business, professional and retired women in the Truckee/North Tahoe region to be a guest at one of the Club's monthly business meetings.
Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner holds monthly club meetings second Thursdays, noon, at Zano's Restaurant, 11401 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
All women are invited to join as a guest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soroptimist (soroptimist.org) is an international volunteer service organization for business, professional and retired women who work to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world. Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Trending In: Local
- Longtime Squaw Valley fire chief to retire, reflects on decades of evolution
- Grand ‘Linking Tahoe’ transit plan may not be as simple as it sounds
- Residents urged to get educated before Lake Tahoe boating season
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: What to do if you think you’re having a heart attack
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession