Soroptimist installs officers, calls for volunteerism
August 8, 2014
Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner installed President Linnis Jellinek, 2014-2015 officers and board of directors at a dinner installation program hosted by Laura and Guy Mohun in Truckee.
The Board was installed by two-term Immediate Past President and Sierra Nevada Region District 5 Director Noel Trim. Additional members of the board include: Francine Tone, president-elect; Nancy Davis, treasurer; Mary Meier, recording secretary; Leslie Dugger, corresponding secretary; Constance Ledna, treasurer-elect; Susan Horst and Laura Mohun, directors; Kathy Neus and Alissa Just, delegates; and Pati Johnson, parliamentarian.
Jellinek announced “Raise Your Hand to Volunteer” as the year’s theme and expressed her gratitude for any level of volunteerism. Her logo displays four hands raised at different levels.
“The logo has different levels of raised hands, from the ‘pick me,’ to an affirmative ‘I’ve got this,’ to ‘I might want to, but I have questions,’ and sometimes to say, ‘life has happened and I need help,’” said Jellinek. The theme accommodates all who step up to join the Club and the Club remains supportive as life moves along.
President Jellinek encourages all levels of volunteerism and extends a welcome to all business, professional and retired women in the Truckee/North Tahoe region to be a guest at one of the Club’s monthly business meetings.
Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner holds monthly club meetings second Thursdays, noon, at Zano’s Restaurant, 11401 Donner Pass Road in Truckee.
All women are invited to join as a guest by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Soroptimist (soroptimist.org) is an international volunteer service organization for business, professional and retired women who work to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world. Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner is a 501(c)(3) organization.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Officials: Without Measure M, transit remains priority for North Tahoe
- Family of drowned CA deputy sues Tahoe company for negligence
- Tahoe for Standing Rock: Groups speak out against Dakota Access Pipeline
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- Reno real estate: A look back, and a look ahead at the housing market
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain