Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner welcome new members
August 8, 2014
On July 15, 2014, Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner welcomed three new members: Lisa Fraas, Sue Sage and Diana Whitten.
Lisa Fraas is an attorney in Tahoe Vista and rejoinedSoroptimist, having been a former member and past president of a different Soroptimist club. Sue Sage is a recently retired registered nurse and ready to volunteer as a Soroptimist. Diana Whitten is a former educator and expressed happiness in finally becoming a member, after circumstances beyond her control caused delays for a year.
The entire community benefits from the efforts of the women who work to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. President Linnis Jellinek explained the diversity and fellowship of members are what make the Truckee Club strong and vibrant.
"The quality of new members always trumps quantity," said Jellinek. "We are honored that these three women have chosen our Club as their volunteer organization."
For information visit http://www.sitruckeedonner.org or call 530-414-5126. Soroptimist (soroptimist.org) is an international volunteer service organization for business, professional and retired women who work to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world. Soroptimist International Truckee Donner is a 501(c)3 organization.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Follow these tips to know if the ice is safe
- Still no cause of Homewood ski resort, Tahoe City Henrikson fires
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Crews to cut power for hour at Martis Camp, Schaffer’s Mill, other locations due to dangerous tree
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week