Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner welcome new members
August 8, 2014
On July 15, 2014, Soroptimist International of Truckee Donner welcomed three new members: Lisa Fraas, Sue Sage and Diana Whitten.
Lisa Fraas is an attorney in Tahoe Vista and rejoinedSoroptimist, having been a former member and past president of a different Soroptimist club. Sue Sage is a recently retired registered nurse and ready to volunteer as a Soroptimist. Diana Whitten is a former educator and expressed happiness in finally becoming a member, after circumstances beyond her control caused delays for a year.
The entire community benefits from the efforts of the women who work to improve the lives of women and girls through programs leading to social and economic empowerment. President Linnis Jellinek explained the diversity and fellowship of members are what make the Truckee Club strong and vibrant.
“The quality of new members always trumps quantity,” said Jellinek. “We are honored that these three women have chosen our Club as their volunteer organization.”
For information visit http://www.sitruckeedonner.org or call 530-414-5126. Soroptimist (soroptimist.org) is an international volunteer service organization for business, professional and retired women who work to improve the lives of women and girls in local communities and throughout the world. Soroptimist International Truckee Donner is a 501(c)3 organization.
Trending In: Local
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Officials: Without Measure M, transit remains priority for North Tahoe
- Family of drowned CA deputy sues Tahoe company for negligence
- Tahoe for Standing Rock: Groups speak out against Dakota Access Pipeline
- Tahoe City Ice Rink to open this winter at sports park
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell