Sugar Bowl Resort’s Lake Mary Cabin Dinner Series pairs lakefront dining with charitable giving
July 12, 2014
Sugar Bowl Resort will kick off its annual lakefront dining series at Donner Summit’s Lake Mary on July 18.
The Lake Mary Cabin Dinner Series will hold 13 outdoor dinners on the shores of private Lake Mary, with a portion of each evening’s proceeds benefiting 13 local nonprofits, including the Truckee Donner Land Trust, Sierra Avalanche Center and the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe.
Chef Alan Davis serves his celebrated French-inspired California cuisine paired with a selection of wines, and featuring homemade desserts. The menu includes entrees like Dungeness Crab Linguini, Grilled Spice Rubbed Quail and Pan Seared Alaskan Halibut. Menu prices range from $24 to $36 for main dishes and $7 to $12 for appetizers, including Duck Prisciutto Tart, Pan Seared Diver Scallops, soups and salads.
Dinners are open to the public 5:30 p.m. to 9 p.m. Reservations are highly recommended. Lake Mary is located next to Sugar Bowl Resort, and offers a secluded setting and high-alpine vistas.
NONPROFIT DINNER DATES
July 18: Donner Summit Historical Society
July 20: Truckee Trails Foundation
July 23: Truckee Donner Land Trust
July 25: Mountain Area Preservation
July 26: Donner Summit Area Association
July 30: Gateway Mountain Center
Aug. 3: Tahoe Food Hub
Aug. 10: Arts for the Schools
Aug. 24: Sugar Bowl Academy
Aug. 31: Excellence in Education
Sept. 1: Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe
Sept. 7: Tahoe Nordic Search & Rescue
Sept.14: Sierra Avalanche Center
To make reservations, call 530-426-7002. No dogs are allowed at the Lake Mary Cabin Dinner Series.
To learn more about Sugar Bowl Resort, visit http://www.sugarbowl.com.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway