Sunshine Letter | Child Development Conference overwhelming success
Ryan Summerlin June 21, 2014
Child Development Conference overwhelming success
On behalf of Tahoe Truckee Unified School District, I would like to express deep gratitude to all who helped make the 12th Anniversary Tahoe Truckee Child Development Conference a tremendous success. This wonderful day of inspiration and learning was attended by 175 educators and parents of children birth through first grade. Months of planning leading to the production of this event was achieved through the commitment of dedicated volunteers who are early educators in our community: Leticia Aguilar, Rebekah Shurtleff, Marie Smith, Rich Snyder, Christine Sproehnle, Julie Tester, Bobbe Holt, Stephanie Blume, Barbara Robertson and Cindy Maciel.
Thank you to Donna Marshman at Truckee Elementary who went above and beyond in helping us with conference logistics.
Setting the tone for a high-spirited day of music, fun and learning was Keynote Presenter Jose Luis Orozco, who presented excellent workshops on music and early literacy and provided a family concert at the conclusion of the event.
We are grateful to Rita Whitaker Haun, for the music sessions she volunteered to provide for the children in child care.
Thank you to the excellent TTUSD team that provided child care for the event. We are grateful to presenters, Maria Martin, Monina Vazquez and Stephanie Blume for their excellent educational contributions to the event and we are very appreciative of the extra efforts of our wonderful breakfast and lunch providers: Wild Cherries and Taco Station.
Thank you to all who attended for striving to provide the best for young children and a huge thank you to our sponsors who make this conference possible: Placer Office of Education, Communities 4 Kids, First 5 Nevada and Placer Counties, and KidZone Museum.
Ruth Jackson Hall, Early Learning Coordinator
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Election 2016: Truckee hospital board candidates discuss high costs
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Carbon monoxide safety key as fall approaches
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- Reno group wants to crowdsource funds to buy Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe