Sunshine Letter | Embracing the wacky, wonderful world of Truckee Follies
June 12, 2014
Embracing the wacky, wonderful world of Truckee Follies
Coming off my Follies experience, I can't help but reflect on the gamut of good feelings still coursing through my soul. When I say, "it's about the people," I really do mean it! Do we adore the fact that audiences come to have light-hearted escape at the expense of public officials, town luminaries, merchants, and the town itself? You bet-cha!
But ain't no-place like this … and we all know it! Truckee is very special. The more profoundly one dips into this pueblo the more encompassing the "hug" becomes.
Kudos to all those who check their "introvert" at the door for the greater good of camaraderie, entertainment, laughter and purpose.
"Thank youze" to the awesome threesome of Team Schaller and Clarin. Aimee, you know how I feel about you! Kane, talent, great-looks and heart. Mitch, what can be said about Mitch Clarin that hasn't been screamed, I mean said (!) so many times before? (LOL you know I adore you!) A sincere thanks for all your hard work.
And I would be completely remiss if I didn't acknowledge Shanda, Ashley and Karin, without whom my tresses would not have been "teased up to Jesus!"
They say, "strangers are simply friends you haven't met yet."
On behalf of us all, thank you everybody for a terrific production.
With great admiration,
Cast member Truckee Follies 2014
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues