Sunshine Letter | Far West Nordic strides through low snow year
May 8, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Far West Nordic strides through low snow year
What a strange winter it was! Despite Mother Nature’s lack of cooperation this past season, we still had wonderful support from members and local retailers. Our coaches led the charge on successful race trips to places such as West Yellowstone, Soldier Hollow (twice), Bear Valley and Junior Nationals at Stowe, where Far West Nordic athletes excelled, bringing back several podium and top 10 finishes.
Our organization would not be where we are today without our members, racers, coaches, sponsors, retailers, board and staff who have a passion for cross country skiing.
We want to thank everyone, and especially our main supporters: Alpenglow, Tom and Louise Burns, Fischer, New Moon, Paco’s, James Rosen, Salomon, Silver Sage Center for Family Medicine, Stifel Nicolaus, Sugar Bowl/Royal Gorge, Summit Medical Group, Swix/Toko, Tahoe Donner Cross Country, Wild Cherries and the Thomas Winn Foundation.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Woman on vacation from Taiwan killed in Lake Tahoe wreck
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Pilot found dead in plane wreckage west of Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe skiing: Try these tips on how to train early and smart for winter sports