Sunshine Letter | Glenshire Elementary thanks partners for perfect attendance party
July 10, 2014
Glenshire Elementary School would like to thank Deborah Lane, owner of the Bookshelf, Kim Yamauchi, owner of Dairy Queen, and Truckee Round Table for their generous contributions to our 100 percent attendance lunch.
This year, Glenshire had 22 students who did not miss one day of school! Additionally, 188 students, 35 percent of the Glenshire population, missed less than six days of school. The 22 students were recognized with a certificate, a special pizza lunch, discounted by Truckee Round Table, a Glenshire Eagles T-shirt, a Glenshire musical CD, a certificate to the Bookshelf to purchase a book, and a recognition certificate from Dairy Queen, as well as a free small blizzard. The staff at Glenshire would like to thank all of our generous community partners in helping to support student attendance for the 2013-2014 school year!
We appreciate you.
Glenshire Elementary School Staff
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues