Sunshine Letter | Northstar Team Foundation recognizes outstanding coaches
April 10, 2014
Northstar Team Foundation recognizes outstanding coaches
The Northstar Team Foundation is a nonprofit organization committed to supporting the Northstar Ski and Snowboard Program to be one of the best in the region.
Thank you to every parent, coach and athlete who took the time to let us know how "awesome" their nominated coach is. We are so proud to be able to honor 25 coaches this year.
The Northstar Team Foundation has become a significant part of the program — funding continuing coach education and certification and helping athletes achieve their goals and their potential through scholarships and the countless other "extras" that raise the bar from great to incredible.
Committed to support the Northstar Ski and Snowbard Program to be the best in the region, the Foundation annually gives awards to our coaches who embody high ideals and remain committed to pursuing wins while also teaching life lessons through sports.
The Foundation couldn't be more proud than to support our teams.
2014 Over and Above Coaches Awards went to Gonzalo Arnold-Fernandez, Alex Baker, Jonathan Bower, Sean Bunnell, Evan Cook, Troy Ford, Jay Garbarino, Bob Gibson, Tanya Gregg, Kathy Hess, Ryan Hinshaw, Tim Kawcak, Elyse Kirkhoff, Terri Knab, Cassidy Kohlmoos, Mikey Kruck, Max Leabman, Mikey Marohn, Kadin Mulla, Brian Norman, Ryan Rodarte, Carlos Romero, Jim Sommer, Erik Wagner and Evan Zyman.
Northstar Ski and Snowboard Program
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues