Sunshine Letter | Skiing for Schools raises more than $70,000
May 8, 2014
Skiing for Schools raises more than $70,000
The Tahoe Truckee Excellence in Education Foundation would like to thank the participating ski resorts and community for their support in another successful Skiing for Schools season. Despite a record low snowfall year, the program raised more than $70,000 for the Foundation’s grants programs.
The continued support of our ski area partners, Alpine Meadows, Homewood Resort, Northstar California, Royal Gorge, Squaw Valley, Sugar Bowl, Tahoe Cross Country and Tahoe Donner make this program possible. On select winter dates the resorts donated special tickets to the Foundation to sell at a discounted rate.
The Foundation would like to extend a special thank you to Northstar, who through the Vail Resorts Echo program provided a $15,000 cash contribution to Excellence in Education as well as lift tickets to support the program. Additionally, Northstar hosted its inaugural Ski Challenge event this winter where area nonprofits competed against each other during a hosted day on the mountain. Several nonprofits, including Excellence in Education, received additional funds as a result of this event.
We would also like to extend a special thanks to Porters Sports, Tahoe Dave’s, Paco’s and Alpenglow who serve as ticket outlets for the ticket sales. The Foundation hopes the community recognizes the generosity of these companies and their commitment to improving our community through enhanced education.
Laura Abbey Brown, executive director
Excellence in Education Foundation
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes