Sunshine Letter | Slow Food and gardening community say thanks
June 12, 2014
Slow Food and gardening community say thanks
Slow Food Lake Tahoe (SFLT) board members and the gardening community would like to thank The Rotary Club of Truckee for their generous donation this spring. In March, SFLT took on the management of the Truckee Community Garden — now referred to as the Truckee Demonstration Garden.
Funds were awarded to SFLT to help get the garden “growing!”
The Garden is off to a great start — fixing the irrigation, acquiring compost to amend the current beds updating the tool shed and increasing the community outreach. The beds are filling up with sponsors and volunteers to improve and help sustain the Garden for years to come. There are ongoing work days and workshops through the summer to help you learn how to grow your own food.
Check out http://www.slowfoodlaketahoe.org for our calendar of events. If you are interested in participating in Truckee Demonstration Garden or would like more information email Truckeegarden@gmail.com.
Thanks again to The Rotary Club for helping us GROW. Cultivate, educate, celebrate!
Slow Food Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Local
- After fatal accidents, Tahoe runaway truck ramp project is complete
- Officials: Without Measure M, transit remains priority for North Tahoe
- Family of drowned CA deputy sues Tahoe company for negligence
- Tahoe for Standing Rock: Groups speak out against Dakota Access Pipeline
- Tahoe City Ice Rink to open this winter at sports park
- ‘Ninja road stars’ piercing tires in South Lake Tahoe (photos)
- E. coli, coliform bacteria found in Squaw Valley drinking water at upper mountain
- Details unclear after apparent crime at Truckee Bank of America
- Truckee Police Logs: Man walks into store, nabs jacket, sunglasses
- Truckee CHP: Man stowed 64 pounds of pot in car’s fuel cell