Sunshine Letter | Slow Food and gardening community say thanks
June 12, 2014
Slow Food and gardening community say thanks
Slow Food Lake Tahoe (SFLT) board members and the gardening community would like to thank The Rotary Club of Truckee for their generous donation this spring. In March, SFLT took on the management of the Truckee Community Garden — now referred to as the Truckee Demonstration Garden.
Funds were awarded to SFLT to help get the garden "growing!"
The Garden is off to a great start — fixing the irrigation, acquiring compost to amend the current beds updating the tool shed and increasing the community outreach. The beds are filling up with sponsors and volunteers to improve and help sustain the Garden for years to come. There are ongoing work days and workshops through the summer to help you learn how to grow your own food.
Check out http://www.slowfoodlaketahoe.org for our calendar of events. If you are interested in participating in Truckee Demonstration Garden or would like more information email Truckeegarden@gmail.com.
Thanks again to The Rotary Club for helping us GROW. Cultivate, educate, celebrate!
Slow Food Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Still no cause of Homewood ski resort, Tahoe City Henrikson fires
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Official: Fixing Tahoe transit key to limiting tension between locals, tourists
- It’s gonna be huge: Lake Tahoe ski resorts look to trump weather issues in time for busy Presidents Day weekend