Sunshine Letter | Slow Food and gardening community say thanks
Ryan Summerlin June 12, 2014
Slow Food and gardening community say thanks
Slow Food Lake Tahoe (SFLT) board members and the gardening community would like to thank The Rotary Club of Truckee for their generous donation this spring. In March, SFLT took on the management of the Truckee Community Garden — now referred to as the Truckee Demonstration Garden.
Funds were awarded to SFLT to help get the garden “growing!”
The Garden is off to a great start — fixing the irrigation, acquiring compost to amend the current beds updating the tool shed and increasing the community outreach. The beds are filling up with sponsors and volunteers to improve and help sustain the Garden for years to come. There are ongoing work days and workshops through the summer to help you learn how to grow your own food.
Check out www.slowfoodlaketahoe.org for our calendar of events. If you are interested in participating in Truckee Demonstration Garden or would like more information email Truckeegarden@gmail.com.
Thanks again to The Rotary Club for helping us GROW. Cultivate, educate, celebrate!
Slow Food Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Local
- North Lake Tahoe Fire appoints Ryan Sommers as permanent chief
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: It’s important to prepare a household inventory
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets