Sunshine Letter | Slow Food and gardening community say thanks
June 12, 2014
Slow Food and gardening community say thanks
Slow Food Lake Tahoe (SFLT) board members and the gardening community would like to thank The Rotary Club of Truckee for their generous donation this spring. In March, SFLT took on the management of the Truckee Community Garden — now referred to as the Truckee Demonstration Garden.
Funds were awarded to SFLT to help get the garden “growing!”
The Garden is off to a great start — fixing the irrigation, acquiring compost to amend the current beds updating the tool shed and increasing the community outreach. The beds are filling up with sponsors and volunteers to improve and help sustain the Garden for years to come. There are ongoing work days and workshops through the summer to help you learn how to grow your own food.
Check out http://www.slowfoodlaketahoe.org for our calendar of events. If you are interested in participating in Truckee Demonstration Garden or would like more information email Truckeegarden@gmail.com.
Thanks again to The Rotary Club for helping us GROW. Cultivate, educate, celebrate!
Slow Food Lake Tahoe
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)