Sunshine Letter | Truckee Cemetery District offers kudos
June 12, 2014
The Trustees of the Board of the Truckee Cemetery District would like to thank all the members of the community who contributed to the Memorial Day Commemorative Service 2014 at the Sierra Mountain Cemetery. Special thanks to the following: Fifth District Supervisor Richard Anderson and town of Truckee Vice Mayor Alicia Barr, who gave personal reflections on the day; Pastor Joanie Tankersley of Truckee Lutheran Presbyterian Church, who offered the invocation; the Civil Air Patrol Tahoe-Truckee Squadron with 2nd Lt. Mike Pelletier and Captain Mark Ledwith for the presentation of the colors and providing an excellent sound system; Bri Parker for playing Taps; and the Mountain Belles for singing patriotic songs.
We thank all of you for joining us to share our tribute to those brave soldiers of the past and present who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom.
TCD Trustees Katie Holley, Ed Czerwinski, Clare Aguerra, Sharon Arnold and Anne DeVoe
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway