Sunshine Letter | Truckee Cemetery District offers kudos
Ryan Summerlin June 12, 2014
The Trustees of the Board of the Truckee Cemetery District would like to thank all the members of the community who contributed to the Memorial Day Commemorative Service 2014 at the Sierra Mountain Cemetery. Special thanks to the following: Fifth District Supervisor Richard Anderson and town of Truckee Vice Mayor Alicia Barr, who gave personal reflections on the day; Pastor Joanie Tankersley of Truckee Lutheran Presbyterian Church, who offered the invocation; the Civil Air Patrol Tahoe-Truckee Squadron with 2nd Lt. Mike Pelletier and Captain Mark Ledwith for the presentation of the colors and providing an excellent sound system; Bri Parker for playing Taps; and the Mountain Belles for singing patriotic songs.
We thank all of you for joining us to share our tribute to those brave soldiers of the past and present who have sacrificed their lives for our freedom.
TCD Trustees Katie Holley, Ed Czerwinski, Clare Aguerra, Sharon Arnold and Anne DeVoe
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- Election 2016: Truckee hospital board candidates discuss high costs
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- North Tahoe PUD to work exclusively with Bay Area developer