Sunshine Letter | Truckee Optimist Brew Fest nets $14,000 for youth programs
July 12, 2014
Truckee Optimist Brew Fest nets $14,000 for youth programs
The 9th Annual Truckee Brew Fest held on Saturday, June 14, was a great success.
More than 700 attendees enjoyed tasting of specialty brews of the 42 breweries that were represented at the Fest, the music of the "Buddy Emmer Blues Band," sausages and brats, and a well received silent auction.
A special thank you goes out to the following breweries for their contribution to the Brew Fest:
Out of Bounds Brewing, Deshutes Brewing, Rubicon Brewing, Schofferhofer Brewing,Knee Deep Brewing, Brafactum Brewing, Sierra Nevada Brewing, Auburn Alehouse, Ninkasi Brewing, Great Basin Brewing, Hoppy Brewing, Black Diamond, Lagunitas Brewing, FiftyFifty, Mad River Brewing, Lost Coast, Karl Strauss, Sam Adams Boston Beers, The Brewing Lair, Angry Orchard Cider, Common Cider Company, Hanger 24, Speakeasy, Johnny Appleseed Cider, Kronnen Bourg, Santa Clara Brewing, Carlsberg, Crispin Cider, Goose Island, Woodchuck Cider, Shock Top, Alaskan, Blue Moon, New Belgium, Anderson Valley, Leinenkugels, Maui Brewing, Dust Bowl Brewing, High Sierra Brewing, Tahoe Mountain Brewing, Drakes Brewing, Mikes Hard Lemonade, Redd's Apple Ale and Common Cider.
Thanks to our major sponsor Ron Boehm Construction of Truckee/Tahoe, and to our other supporting sponsors including Jane Loomis, Ron Wulff, Residential Appraisals, Moonshine Ink, A-1 Snow Removal, Dr. Tyson Lechner, DDS, Nicholls Real Estate Group, KTKE 101.5 Truckee Tahoe Radio, The Weekly, Tahoe Donner Association, Dr. Barry Triestman (Soft Tissue Specialist), Sierra Sun, Auto Glass Express, Norwegian Wood Construction and Community Ink.
And thank you to the individuals and businesses that generously donated to our silent auction.
The Brew Fest netted the Optimist Club approximately $14,000. These funds will go toward major scholarships, sponsorships, and grants to the youth of our community.
Thank you one and all for attending and mark your calendar for our 10th annual Brew Fest next year on Saturday, June 13, 2015.
Bring your friends and neighbors!
Ron Wulff, Brew Fest Chair and Jon Traeger, Optimist Club President
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues