Sunshine Letter | U.S. Alpine Championships great success
April 10, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Squaw Valley is always a special place for the athletes of the U.S. Ski Team. With its incredible Olympic history and the great, supportive culture in the community, Squaw Valley always delivers a world-class experience for athletes and fans alike.
In the months leading up to the Nature Valley U.S. Alpine Championships, Squaw Valley was faced with a variety of challenges but never wavered in its commitment to excellence. Hometown heroes Julia Mancuso, Tim Jitloff and Travis Ganong were able to battle it out against the best athletes in the USA in front of huge crowds.
The venues were amazing and provided the perfect setting to inspire athletes young and old.
Squaw Valley delivered a great, one-of-a-kind event.
This year’s Nature Valley U.S. Alpine Championships will be held up as an example for years to come. I¹d like to especially thank Squaw Valley President and CEO Andy Wirth and the Organizing Committee for bringing together an exceptional event.
On behalf of our athletes, I’d like to extend my sincere thanks to Squaw Valley and the community for an outstanding U.S. Championships weekend.
Thank you for making this such a fantastic event.
President and CEO
U.S. Ski and Snowboard Association
Trending In: Local
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space