‘Tahoe Basin Community Job Fair’ events to highlight year-round work force
March 10, 2014
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — The community has embraced upcoming job fairs to facilitate year-round economic sustainability for Tahoe Truckee community members. According to Ceci Chourre with the Professional Ski & Snowboard Instructors Association, the Squaw Valley event will bring businesses with thousands of summer job openings. Chourre said support by businesses is incredible.
Two events will be held to satiate summer job seekers: March 18 at Harrah’s Convention Center from 4-7 p.m. and March 25 at Squaw Valley Conference Center from 4-7 p.m.
The “Tahoe Basin Community Job Fair” series is designed to aid in the development of year-round sustainable employment. Year-round employment can come in many combinations; i.e., full-time, part-time and seasonal.
At the Lake Tahoe Sustainability Workforce Roundtable, the economic-education-cultural segment identified the need to assist transitioning winter resort employees into complimenting jobs off-season.
From there, Harrah’s/Harvey’s Hotel and Casino, Professional Ski Instructors Association & Association of Snowboard Instructors of CA/NV (PSIA/AASI-W), and Squaw Valley took up the torch to make these spring community fairs a reality.
There is space for several more businesses, applicants and volunteers who would like to see Tahoe basin and Truckee businesses come together to hire locally.
None of this would be possible without the following groups partnering:
Lake Tahoe Sustainability Collaborative (sustainabilitycollaborative.org), PSIA/AASI-W, Harrah’s & Harvey’s Hotel and Casino, Squaw Valley, Mont Bleu Resort, Vail Resorts, Lake Tahoe Golf Course, Edgewood Golf Course, Lake Tahoe Community College, Sierra Nevada College, Sierra College, Tahoe Chamber, North Lake Tahoe Chamber/CVB/Resort Association, Truckee Donner Chamber, North Tahoe Business Association, Ritz–Carlton, Sunnyside Resort, Safeway Inc., Hyatt Hotel, IVGID, town of Truckee, Grand Teton Lodge, and many other partners.
If you are a business interested in showcasing your summer employment opportunities, or desire more information contact:
Ceci Chourre, PSIA/AASI-W BOD, at 775-315-5727 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Jane Flavin, Harrah’s/Harvey’s recruitment manager, at 775-586-6236 or Jflavin@harrahs.com
Brittany Clelan, VP of Human Resource, Squaw Valley, at 530-452-7114 or email@example.com
The deadline for businesses to participate is March 17.
Trending In: Local
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Practice these winter safety tips
- Tahoe Standing Rock supporters celebrate Dakota Access Pipeline decision
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee