Tahoe Comedy North: Super-sized Susan Jones to headline at CBC
Ryan Summerlin March 20, 2013
If you go
What: Tahoe Comedy
Headliner: Susan Jones
Also features: Nancy Reed and a TBA comic
When: 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
Where: Crystal Bay Club Crown Room
Tickets: $10 advance, $15 day of show; learn more at www.crystalbaycasino.com
CRYSTAL BAY, Nev. — Tahoe Comedy North returns to the Crown Room at the Crystal Bay Club next week with the raunchy and oversized antics of Susan Jones as part of “The Big Mamas of Comedy.”
The headliner is larger-then-life comic Susan Jones. Nancy Reed will also be a featured comic.
“I’m not Irish but I do put Irish cream in my coffee and I eat lucky charms and if anyone wants to rub my belly for good luck they are more than welcome to do that,” Jones told Lake Tahoe Action in 2011 prior to her St. Patrick’s Day event at Tahoe. “I would eat a leprechaun and one of my favorite foods is corn beef and cabbage so that must make me a little Irish.”
Jones is a more than 20-year comedian who was once voted Washington’s funniest comic.
“They call me the road savage,” she said in the 2011 story. “My daddy was a race car driver and I used to keep him awake as he drove from track to track. So I can drive about 20 hours straight. I can actually drive eight hours without peeing.”
A self-described big-sized girl, Jones said she won $1,300 once at a Reno casino.
“Winner!” she said. “That was my Charlie Sheen. I want to be in his group but I would count as three goddesses.”
Jones’ rapid-fire jokes come with a serious message.
“I do size acceptance humor,” she said. “It’s about helping big people not be afraid to go out. I’m not saying we’re healthy at this size, I’m just saying to get out and move around and live your life is a good start on becoming more healthy. A lot of big people are really afraid to get out.”
Learn more about Jones at her website: www.wannarollafatty.com, where she proclaims: “My favorite super heroes are Baskin and Robbins.”
Trending In: Local
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- LIVE COVERAGE: Truckee football takes on Elko in undefeated showdown
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000