Tahoe Comedy North: Super-sized Susan Jones to headline at CBC
March 20, 2013
If you go
What: Tahoe Comedy
Headliner: Susan Jones
Also features: Nancy Reed and a TBA comic
When: 8:30 p.m. Wednesday, March 27
Where: Crystal Bay Club Crown Room
Tickets: $10 advance, $15 day of show; learn more at http://www.crystalbaycasino.com
CRYSTAL BAY, Nev. — Tahoe Comedy North returns to the Crown Room at the Crystal Bay Club next week with the raunchy and oversized antics of Susan Jones as part of “The Big Mamas of Comedy.”
The headliner is larger-then-life comic Susan Jones. Nancy Reed will also be a featured comic.
“I’m not Irish but I do put Irish cream in my coffee and I eat lucky charms and if anyone wants to rub my belly for good luck they are more than welcome to do that,” Jones told Lake Tahoe Action in 2011 prior to her St. Patrick’s Day event at Tahoe. “I would eat a leprechaun and one of my favorite foods is corn beef and cabbage so that must make me a little Irish.”
Jones is a more than 20-year comedian who was once voted Washington’s funniest comic.
“They call me the road savage,” she said in the 2011 story. “My daddy was a race car driver and I used to keep him awake as he drove from track to track. So I can drive about 20 hours straight. I can actually drive eight hours without peeing.”
A self-described big-sized girl, Jones said she won $1,300 once at a Reno casino.
“Winner!” she said. “That was my Charlie Sheen. I want to be in his group but I would count as three goddesses.”
Jones’ rapid-fire jokes come with a serious message.
“I do size acceptance humor,” she said. “It’s about helping big people not be afraid to go out. I’m not saying we’re healthy at this size, I’m just saying to get out and move around and live your life is a good start on becoming more healthy. A lot of big people are really afraid to get out.”
Learn more about Jones at her website: http://www.wannarollafatty.com, where she proclaims: “My favorite super heroes are Baskin and Robbins.”
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes