Tahoe Donner XC center project comments due May 20
May 1, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Additional comments on the Tahoe Donner cross-country ski center project will be accepted until May 20.
In response to questions raised about use and environmental impacts, an updated project document has been released.
The Truckee Planning Commission will review the project application at its 6 p.m., Tuesday, May 20, meeting at Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road. It will serve as a continuation of a public hearing that took place March 4.
The roughly $6 million project would replace the current 8,271-square-foot facility at 15275 Alder Creek Road, while continuing to function primarily as a cross country ski center, with equestrian and Bikeworks operations in the offseason.
Read the updated document here.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Follow these tips to know if the ice is safe
- Still no cause of Homewood ski resort, Tahoe City Henrikson fires
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Crews to cut power for hour at Martis Camp, Schaffer’s Mill, other locations due to dangerous tree
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week