Tahoe film studio producing ‘major motion picture’
March 3, 2014
A local film company has begun pre-production in the Reno/Tahoe area on a film being described as “a major motion picture.”
“Sign of the Sun,” written and directed by Incline Village resident Jarrett Grimes, is “an inspiring story about a man who comes into our world to bring a message of peace and love through music,” according to a press release.
The movie is about musician Julian Forest, taking viewers through the formation of a band, exploring its various transformations and “providing a climax that will leave most viewers spellbound as they leave the theaters,” Grimes said.
One of the main attractions to filming in Northern Nevada is the state’s new tax incentive, which went into effect Jan. 1. Learn more about the incentive at http://www.nevadafilm.com/incentives.
“We want to bring jobs to our state, and the entertainment industry utilizes every trade known to mankind,” Grimes said in the press release. “From manufacturing to set painting to acting and talent, motion picture production will generate income for our state like no other business.”
Grimes, who is CEO of Incline Village-based Northern Nevada Studios, said the film company recently purchased three warehouses that will convert to sound stages in the Reno/Sparks area, as well as utilizing vacant land between Reno and Virginia City.
“We’ve also established a production office in Incline Village,” Grimes said.
“Sign of the Sun” will break new ground in film production, Grimes said, by utilizing technology created by Northern Nevada Studios called 3D Surround Film, which is a method of capturing film with multiple cameras at one time to enable 180-degree views combined with 3D technology.
“3DSF, when combined with Samsung’s U-Vision technology, will change the film industry forever, and this film is the perfect film to use it with,” Grimes said in the release. “It’s sort of like a holographic motion picture, a true experience for each viewer.”
Learn more about Northern Nevada Studios and the film at eppictv.com/SEP.html.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)