Tahoe film studio producing ‘major motion picture’
March 3, 2014
A local film company has begun pre-production in the Reno/Tahoe area on a film being described as "a major motion picture."
"Sign of the Sun," written and directed by Incline Village resident Jarrett Grimes, is "an inspiring story about a man who comes into our world to bring a message of peace and love through music," according to a press release.
The movie is about musician Julian Forest, taking viewers through the formation of a band, exploring its various transformations and "providing a climax that will leave most viewers spellbound as they leave the theaters," Grimes said.
One of the main attractions to filming in Northern Nevada is the state's new tax incentive, which went into effect Jan. 1. Learn more about the incentive at http://www.nevadafilm.com/incentives.
"We want to bring jobs to our state, and the entertainment industry utilizes every trade known to mankind," Grimes said in the press release. "From manufacturing to set painting to acting and talent, motion picture production will generate income for our state like no other business."
Grimes, who is CEO of Incline Village-based Northern Nevada Studios, said the film company recently purchased three warehouses that will convert to sound stages in the Reno/Sparks area, as well as utilizing vacant land between Reno and Virginia City.
Recommended Stories For You
"We've also established a production office in Incline Village," Grimes said.
"Sign of the Sun" will break new ground in film production, Grimes said, by utilizing technology created by Northern Nevada Studios called 3D Surround Film, which is a method of capturing film with multiple cameras at one time to enable 180-degree views combined with 3D technology.
"3DSF, when combined with Samsung's U-Vision technology, will change the film industry forever, and this film is the perfect film to use it with," Grimes said in the release. "It's sort of like a holographic motion picture, a true experience for each viewer."
Learn more about Northern Nevada Studios and the film at eppictv.com/SEP.html.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Lake Tahoe surgeon, Army veteran flies with U.S. Air Force Thunderbirds
- Truckee councilors expected to give cannabis recommendation
- Massage techniques can alleviate swelling from lymphedema
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Nevada prison-raised sagebrush seedlings ready to be planted in burned areas
- Truckee police: Man allegedly drugged victim, raped her
- Thrill seekers land backflips into Lake Tahoe from 99-foot rope swing (video)
- Business struggles to hire young people for skilled-worker jobs
- Fernley’s game-winning touchdown drive upends Truckee comeback
- First snowfall of autumn in Truckee; Squaw Valley receives 3 inches (time lapse cam)