Tahoe Fund raises more than $300K at annual dinner
August 28, 2013
The love and support of Lake Tahoe was on full display at the Tahoe Fund’s annual Founders Circle dinner on Aug. 18, raising more than $300,000 for the organization and four signature projects around the lake.
Tahoe Fund donors were joined by Sens. Dianne Feinstein and Harry Reid and Govs. Jerry Brown and Brian Sandoval, as well as special guest, former Vice President Al Gore, as the public and private communities joined together to celebrate the work of the Tahoe Fund to restore and improve the Tahoe environment.
“The Tahoe Fund was created to harness the passion so many have for Tahoe to do great work around the Lake,” said Tahoe Fund Board Chair Tim Cashman. “We are simply overwhelmed by the incredible generosity of our donors who are helping us meet our goal of funding important conservation, recreation and educational projects.”
The fund’s four 2013 signature projects include beach improvements at Sand Harbor State Park, Asian clam control in Emerald Bay, a mile of bike trail along the West Shore, and a new bridge across Angora Creek in the Washoe Meadows State Park.
In addition, the Tahoe Fund gathered donations to meet and exceed its $1 million goal for the organization’s first major donor campaign called the Founders Circle. Founders Circle donors, with donations of $5,000 or more, provide the critical sustaining support the organization requires to grow into a major source of funding for environmental improvement projects around the Tahoe Basin.
“One of the most important things we do at the Tahoe Fund is bring people from all sides of the Lake and political aisles together for the greater good of the Lake,” said Tahoe Fund CEO Amy Berry. “It was just magical to see this in action at the dinner.”
This article was submitted by the Tahoe Fund.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes