Tahoe Gal gala to kick off Tahoe City summer
May 9, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — The Tahoe City Downtown Association’s 10th anniversary gala aboard the Tahoe Gal offers an unforgettable evening on Lake Tahoe.
Up to 100 guests will join TCDA for light appetizers and a boat cruise during the “only in Tahoe City” experience on June 4. There will be live music by classical guitarist Lucas Arizu and cabaret-style vocals by Tahoe native Kendal Naughton (daughter of “American Werewolf in London” David Naughton).
The Tahoe Gal will leave the pier behind the Lighthouse Center promptly at 6 p.m. and return at 8 p.m. Tickets, $30 per person in advance, $35 day of, available online at VisitTahoeCity.com.
“Our signature events showcase natural treasures and the incredible experiences available in Tahoe City,” said Gary Davis, president of the TCDA Board of Directors. “There is something magical about spending one day, one week or even a lifetime in Tahoe City and we want supporters of the Tahoe City Downtown Association to feel that magic.”
Tahoe City boasts award winning dining, independent shops and a variety of hiking and biking paths plus lodging that allows guests to leave the car parked and enjoy the best of Tahoe City on foot.
Along with members and partners, TCDA supports Tahoe City’s signature summer events including Farmers Markets (Thursdays, May 22 to Sept. 25), the Tahoe City Solstice Festival (June 19 to 22), Concerts at Commons Beach (Sundays, June 22 through Sept. 7), the Lake Tahoe Dance Festival (July 15 to 17) and a Fourth of July Street Fair and Firework display.
Follow TCDA at Facebook.com/DowntownTahoeCity, go to VisitTahoeCity.com or call 530-583-3348.
About Tahoe City Downtown Association
Founded in 2004, the Tahoe City Downtown Association (TCDA) is a nonprofit organization comprised of merchants, property owners, associations, professionals, and community members who share a mission to enhance and promote a vibrant and prosperous downtown center. The TCDA contributes to Tahoe City’s social, economic and environmental vitality through special events, sustainable programs, partnerships, visitor outreach and community support.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Truckee football: Wolverines top South Tahoe 21-20 in Sierra Bowl
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway