Tahoe Maritime Museum welcomes new leader
Ryan Summerlin October 24, 2013
HOMEWOOD, Calif. — The Tahoe Maritime Museum has a new executive director — Lora Nadolski.
Nadolski most recently served as director of public programming for the Antique Boat Museum in Clayton, N.Y., in which she oversaw museum-specific operations, including collections, exhibitions, education, boatbuilding and in-water fleet operations.
Her career with ABM began in 2005 when she was first appointed education programming coordinator. Under Nadolski’s tenure, the museum’s educational offerings grew significantly to include a variety of boatbuilding, seamanship and sailing programs for students of all ages.
Having been a certified New York state teacher, bridging the gap between the museum and the local schools was important to Nadolski. One of the programs she is most proud of was Community Connections, in which she worked with 31 classroom teachers to integrate St. Lawrence River and boating history into the core elementary curriculum in the Thousand Islands region.
“I am excited to be joining Tahoe Maritime Museum, one of the cultural gems of the Tahoe basin,” Nadolski said. “There is a wonderful collection of artifacts here at the museum. I look forward to working with the staff and board of directors to expand the museum’s offerings in the future so more people are aware of Tahoe’s rich maritime history as told though the stories of the collection.”
Nadolski graduated magna cum laude from St. Lawrence University in 2004, where she majored in history and minored in education. A lifelong skier, she is also a 1999 graduate of Green Mountain Valley School. Currently she also serves on the board of directors of the Museum Small Craft Association.
As an avid boater and skier, Nadolski said she looks forward to living in Lake Tahoe and enjoying the recreational opportunities of every season.
Tahoe Maritime Museum is located at 5205 West Lake Blvd. in Homewood. Visit www.tahoemaritimemuseum.org.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Amid housing crisis, North Tahoe-Truckee real estate sales thrive
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- Opinion: Placer County shows lack of commitment to Lake Tahoe