Tahoe Music Institute students will bring on the blues
Ryan Summerlin May 14, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Tuesday, May 20, the Tahoe Music Institute will present it’s fourth annual Bring on the Blues event at Dockside 700 at the Tahoe City Marina. Many of the Institute’s finest young musicians will be featured jazz artists, right beside their instructors, who are accomplished Tahoe area musicians.
The Tahoe Music Institute instructors include Kerry Andras of Sneaky Creatures, Todd Holway of Quartet Minus One, guitarist Collin Watters and Tahoe Music Institute director Shauna Righellis.
Students and staff will perform many types of music including the blues.
Music starts at 6 p.m. Dockside 700 will host extended happy hour prices on food and drinks throughout the event.
The Tahoe Music Institute is located in Tahoe City and offers musical instruction in piano, voice, woodwind, brass, percussion, guitar, bass, mandolin and fiddle, as well as a variety of summer programs. For more information on the event or the Institute please call 530-581-0618 or visit www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: Carbon monoxide safety key as fall approaches
- Election 2016: Truckee hospital board candidates discuss high costs
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Opinion: Kudos to Placer supes for positive Martis Valley West vote
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000
- Truckee, a sanctuary for runners, to host first-ever marathon this weekend
- Reno group wants to crowdsource funds to buy Mt. Rose Ski Tahoe