Tahoe Music Institute students will bring on the blues
May 14, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Tuesday, May 20, the Tahoe Music Institute will present it’s fourth annual Bring on the Blues event at Dockside 700 at the Tahoe City Marina. Many of the Institute’s finest young musicians will be featured jazz artists, right beside their instructors, who are accomplished Tahoe area musicians.
The Tahoe Music Institute instructors include Kerry Andras of Sneaky Creatures, Todd Holway of Quartet Minus One, guitarist Collin Watters and Tahoe Music Institute director Shauna Righellis.
Students and staff will perform many types of music including the blues.
Music starts at 6 p.m. Dockside 700 will host extended happy hour prices on food and drinks throughout the event.
The Tahoe Music Institute is located in Tahoe City and offers musical instruction in piano, voice, woodwind, brass, percussion, guitar, bass, mandolin and fiddle, as well as a variety of summer programs. For more information on the event or the Institute please call 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens