Tahoe Music Institute students will bring on the blues
May 14, 2014
TAHOE CITY, Calif. — On Tuesday, May 20, the Tahoe Music Institute will present it's fourth annual Bring on the Blues event at Dockside 700 at the Tahoe City Marina. Many of the Institute's finest young musicians will be featured jazz artists, right beside their instructors, who are accomplished Tahoe area musicians.
The Tahoe Music Institute instructors include Kerry Andras of Sneaky Creatures, Todd Holway of Quartet Minus One, guitarist Collin Watters and Tahoe Music Institute director Shauna Righellis.
Students and staff will perform many types of music including the blues.
Music starts at 6 p.m. Dockside 700 will host extended happy hour prices on food and drinks throughout the event.
The Tahoe Music Institute is located in Tahoe City and offers musical instruction in piano, voice, woodwind, brass, percussion, guitar, bass, mandolin and fiddle, as well as a variety of summer programs. For more information on the event or the Institute please call 530-581-0618 or visit http://www.tahoemusicinstitute.com.
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie