Tahoe nonprofit aims to feed 600 families for Thanksgiving
October 30, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — On Nov. 21, Project MANA will help hundreds of families have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving through its annual Let's Talk Turkey food distribution in Incline Village.
This festive event will be held for longer hours than the regularly scheduled Incline Village food distribution in order to accommodate those who cannot make it during business hours.
Additionally, there will be a raffle with prizes every 30 minutes, and a host of other celebratory festivities.
For those who cannot attend the Nov. 21 event, Project MANA will hold three additional Let's Talk Turkey food distributions that coincide with the regular weekly food distribution schedule.
Below is the complete food distribution schedule:
• Nov. 21, 3-6 p.m., Donald W. Reynolds Community Nonprofit Center at 948 Incline Way, Incline Village
• Nov. 25, 3:45-4:15 p.m., Fairway Community Center, 330 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City
• Nov. 26, 3-3:30 p.m., Community Arts Center, 10046 Church St., Truckee
• Nov. 27, 3-3:30 p.m., Community House, 8321 Steelhead Ave., Kings Beach
In 2012, more than 600 local families received turkeys through Project MANA's Let's Talk Turkey Food Distributions. This year, Project MANA aims to serve just as many families, if not more.
Thanks to generous donations from the community, each community member who signs up for Let's Talk Turkey and attends the distribution will be able to bring home a whole turkey, fresh produce, and other fixings for a fantastic holiday meal.
To sign up and reserve a turkey, please call Project MANA directly at 775-298-0107 or sign up at a weekly food distribution before Nov. 13.
Project MANA (Making Adequate Nutrition Accessible) is a nonprofit hunger relief organization that has been serving North Lake Tahoe and Truckee since 1991.
To volunteer for Let's Talk Turkey or make a donation, contact Project MANA at 775-298-0008 or click here.
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues