Tahoe nonprofit aims to feed 600 families for Thanksgiving
Ryan Summerlin October 30, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — On Nov. 21, Project MANA will help hundreds of families have a happy and healthy Thanksgiving through its annual Let’s Talk Turkey food distribution in Incline Village.
This festive event will be held for longer hours than the regularly scheduled Incline Village food distribution in order to accommodate those who cannot make it during business hours.
Additionally, there will be a raffle with prizes every 30 minutes, and a host of other celebratory festivities.
For those who cannot attend the Nov. 21 event, Project MANA will hold three additional Let’s Talk Turkey food distributions that coincide with the regular weekly food distribution schedule.
Below is the complete food distribution schedule:
• Nov. 21, 3-6 p.m., Donald W. Reynolds Community Nonprofit Center at 948 Incline Way, Incline Village
• Nov. 25, 3:45-4:15 p.m., Fairway Community Center, 330 Fairway Drive, Tahoe City
• Nov. 26, 3-3:30 p.m., Community Arts Center, 10046 Church St., Truckee
• Nov. 27, 3-3:30 p.m., Community House, 8321 Steelhead Ave., Kings Beach
In 2012, more than 600 local families received turkeys through Project MANA’s Let’s Talk Turkey Food Distributions. This year, Project MANA aims to serve just as many families, if not more.
Thanks to generous donations from the community, each community member who signs up for Let’s Talk Turkey and attends the distribution will be able to bring home a whole turkey, fresh produce, and other fixings for a fantastic holiday meal.
To sign up and reserve a turkey, please call Project MANA directly at 775-298-0107 or sign up at a weekly food distribution before Nov. 13.
Project MANA (Making Adequate Nutrition Accessible) is a nonprofit hunger relief organization that has been serving North Lake Tahoe and Truckee since 1991.
To volunteer for Let’s Talk Turkey or make a donation, contact Project MANA at 775-298-0008 or click here.
Trending In: Local
- North Lake Tahoe Fire appoints Ryan Sommers as permanent chief
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: It’s important to prepare a household inventory
- Incline Village community briefs: Week of Sept. 28, 2016