Tahoe Photographers Fellowship 2013 workshop slated for May
March 21, 2013
TAHOE/TRUCKEE, Calif. — Professional photographer Bret Cole has organized the Lake Tahoe Photographers Fellowship 2013 workshop, set to happen in Tahoe City May 2-5. This gathering is designed to bring together wedding and event photographers to network, refine techniques and learn from the best in the business.
Featured guest speakers include the talented Stephanie Anderson of One Fine Day Events and the Tahoe Unveiled blog, Don Weinstein of Photo Impact Imaging Lab, Alexandra Tremaine of Alexandra Tremaine Photography and Scott Corridan, a nationally recognized event planner and interior designer who happens to reside in the Tahoe area. Corridan was named one of the top 10 celebrity event producers by In Style in 2008 and his work has been featured in In Style Weddings, Town & Country, Martha Stewart Weddings, The Knot as well as on ABC's Extreme Makeover and Access Hollywood and more. Visit ScottCorridan.net for more information.
"We're extremely excited to gather our guest speakers and have them provide workshop participants with their expert perspective. And I'm thrilled to have Scott Corridan as part of the event," Cole said. "Scott has a real love for what he does and that comes across in his work and is integral to his success. That's what we want to share over the weekend – finding and keeping your passion. I think a lot of people lose focus of why we do what we do."
The workshop will be comprised of portfolio reviews, forums and presentations about finding and creating unique niches, branding, and how to make your career your passion.
The cost of the full three-day workshop is $2,300 and includes two nights lodging at the Cedar Lodge in Tahoe City, breakfast all three days and dinners Friday and Saturday evenings. A one-day workshop, with meals, is available for $875. The fee to attend just photo shoots and lectures is $800. Discounts are available if attendees sign up with a friend. The deadline to register for the workshop is April 2. For more information or to register, go to Bretcole.com/workshops.
Lake Tahoe Photographers Fellowship 2013 sponsors include Fuji Film and Photo Impact Imaging Lab.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Truckee joins North Tahoe, Incline with CERT volunteer groups
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms