Three open seats on Squaw Valley design committee
September 24, 2013
OLYMPIC VALLEY, Nev. — The Squaw Valley Design Review Committee, an advisory board for Placer County supervisors and Planning Commission, is seeking applicants to fill three open seats, the county recently announced.
The committee is composed of five members appointed by the Board of Supervisors. All members must reside in the Squaw Valley General Plan Area — essentially the Squaw Valley area west of Highway 89.
One of the vacant seats has a term that expires in September 2014; the other two expire September 2015.
According tot he county, the role of the committee is to assist the Planning Services Division and Planning Commission on design issues within the general plan area. Recommendations made by the committee are advisory only, and final decisions are made by the Planning Department, Zoning Administrator, Board of Zoning Appeals, Planning Commission and Board of Supervisors.
The committee meets monthly on the first Thursday at the Squaw Valley Fire Department meeting room, 305 Squaw Valley Road, in Olympic Valley. Prospective committee members are asked to submit an application to the Placer County Clerk of the Board, 175 Fulweiler Ave., Auburn, CA, 95613.
Applications are available here.
Trending In: Local
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump