Tom McClintock to hold Truckee town hall meeting
Ryan Summerlin April 25, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — California Congressman Tom McClintock will participate in two events in Truckee on Thursday, May 2, his office recently announced.
At noon, he will speak at the Truckee Rotary Club Luncheon at the Truckee Recreational Center, 8924 Donner Pass Road, Truckee. Then, at 6 p.m., the congressman will hold a town hall meeting at the Truckee Tahoe Airport Community Room, 10356 Truckee Airport Road. The public is invited to attend.
Furthermore, McClintock’s office will join with representatives from Nevada and Placer counties to hold a Veterans Resource Day in Truckee on May 22 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will be held at Truckee Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
According to a press release, the event will provide veterans with the information they need to access benefits from the Veterans Affairs Administration. Representatives from the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars will be on hand to assist active-duty military, wounded warriors and military families.
McClintock represents California’s 4th district, which ncompasses parts or all of the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, Nevada and Placer.
Trending In: Local
- North Lake Tahoe Fire appoints Ryan Sommers as permanent chief
- Farmer releases reference book for Tahoe-Truckee gardening
- Tahoe alpinists look to conquer world’s 6th-tallest mountain in less than 7 days
- Tahoe Chief’s Corner: It’s important to prepare a household inventory
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets