Tom McClintock to hold Truckee town hall meeting
April 25, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — California Congressman Tom McClintock will participate in two events in Truckee on Thursday, May 2, his office recently announced.
At noon, he will speak at the Truckee Rotary Club Luncheon at the Truckee Recreational Center, 8924 Donner Pass Road, Truckee. Then, at 6 p.m., the congressman will hold a town hall meeting at the Truckee Tahoe Airport Community Room, 10356 Truckee Airport Road. The public is invited to attend.
Furthermore, McClintock’s office will join with representatives from Nevada and Placer counties to hold a Veterans Resource Day in Truckee on May 22 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will be held at Truckee Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
According to a press release, the event will provide veterans with the information they need to access benefits from the Veterans Affairs Administration. Representatives from the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars will be on hand to assist active-duty military, wounded warriors and military families.
McClintock represents California’s 4th district, which ncompasses parts or all of the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, Nevada and Placer.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway