Tom McClintock to hold Truckee town hall meeting
April 25, 2013
TRUCKEE, Calif. — California Congressman Tom McClintock will participate in two events in Truckee on Thursday, May 2, his office recently announced.
At noon, he will speak at the Truckee Rotary Club Luncheon at the Truckee Recreational Center, 8924 Donner Pass Road, Truckee. Then, at 6 p.m., the congressman will hold a town hall meeting at the Truckee Tahoe Airport Community Room, 10356 Truckee Airport Road. The public is invited to attend.
Furthermore, McClintock's office will join with representatives from Nevada and Placer counties to hold a Veterans Resource Day in Truckee on May 22 from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. The event will be held at Truckee Town Hall, 10183 Truckee Airport Road.
According to a press release, the event will provide veterans with the information they need to access benefits from the Veterans Affairs Administration. Representatives from the American Legion and the Veterans of Foreign Wars will be on hand to assist active-duty military, wounded warriors and military families.
McClintock represents California's 4th district, which ncompasses parts or all of the following counties: Alpine, Amador, Calaveras, El Dorado, Fresno, Madera, Mariposa, Nevada and Placer.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Truckee joins North Tahoe, Incline with CERT volunteer groups
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues