Trash collection rates to increase in eastern Placer
May 9, 2013
Residents in eastern Placer County will soon see an increase on their trash bill.
On April 23, the Placer County Board of Supervisors unanimously approved an amendment that increases garbage collection fees by no more than 2.8 percent starting July 1.
Those living in Placer County Solid Waste Franchise Area 3 — which includes Northstar, Squaw Valley, Alpine Meadows, Tahoe City, Kings Beach, Homewood — will see the cost of single can service increase from $18.32 to $18.81 a month, to account for Tahoe Truckee Disposal Co. Inc’s increased cost of doing business.
Property owners in Franchise Area 3, where garbage collection is mandatory, were notified of the proposed increase 45 days in advance before it was approved, according to Placer County.
A collection fee increase for Franchise Area 2, which includes areas east of Colfax to about Donner, was also approved, with the cost of single can service increasing from $21.03 to $21.62.
Ten letters of protest were received regarding the fee increases, said Ann Holman, Placer County Board of Supervisors clerk, at the April 23 supervisors meeting.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)