Truckee Elementary students participate in inaugural spelling bee
June 27, 2014
Tavo González (center) is the winner of Truckee Elementary's inaugural spelling bee.
Thirty fourth and fifth-grade contestants vied for the prize by spelling such words as pediatrician, consternation, antipathy, vivacious and lanai. Ciara Wing and Lucian Mahan are the second and third place winners, respectively. Rounding out the top five (but not pictured) are Sabrina Achiro and Cole Jacobson.
Congratulations to all of the participants!
Trending In: Local
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues
- Creatures released into ‘Lake Tahoe’ go on killing spree in 2015 movie