Truckee Moments are endless
April 15, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — The “Truckee Moments” campaign found staying power.
The initial sweepstakes are over but the campaign, which offers users a fun and interactive way to share images of Truckee’s energy and spirit, has been extended indefinitely.
The movement was originally designed as a way for locals and visitors to share what they love about Truckee — through images of people, places, food and moments — has blossomed into a long-lasting component of Truckee.
“I love how this campaign has harnessed visitor enthusiasm and reinforces Truckee as a true year-round destination,” said Jon Borden, owner operator of The Truckee Donner Lodge and The Inn at Truckee.
The Truckee Moments Instagram hashtag campaign sources user-generated content from the community.
It invites followers to post Instagram photos tagged #TruckeeMoments. All of the tagged images are viewable on http://truckeemoments.vscampaign.com.
“Deepening the relationship between the community and visitors is often as simple as giving people a way to engage on a new level,” noted local artist Kristen Andersen.
Instagram has been a great tool for capturing the excitement of the moment, but in order to understand the magnitude of the effectiveness of visual marketing, it helps to take a look at the numbers. More than 300 image submissions, 5,000 “Likes,” 400 comments, and nearly 100,000 people were reached.
By uploading photos to Twitter or Instagram and using the hashtag #TruckeeMoments, people were automatically entered for a chance to win gift certificates donated by Truckee businesses.
Congratulations to the Truckee Moments Sweepstakes winners: Jenny Sconza Fiege won a two-night stay at The Hampton Inn & Suites Tahoe Truckee and a $30 gift certificate for Tavern 6330 at Northstar Village; Diane Richards won a two-night stay at The Truckee Hotel and a $25 gift certificate for the Dragonfly Restaurant & Sushi Bar.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes