Truckee Police Logs. Aug. 6-19
September 12, 2013
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department’s press log for Aug. 6-14, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A wallet was located by citizen on a bench in front of the train deport. The wallet and the contents belong to a citizen from the United Kingdom. The wallet was booked as found property.
• A reporting party called to report found property on Donner Pass Road. The property was turned over to Truckee Police Department and entered into evidence.
• A vehicle was repossessed. The owner was aware.
• A reporting party called police to report his rear license plate had been stolen from his personal vehicle. The plate was subsequently entered into the database.
• Victim reported her cellphone was missing and there were unauthorized charges on her phone bill. Report was taken for documentation only.
• Officers responded to a local business on Deerfield Drive regarding a theft. Further investigation showed an unknown person(s) used a cutting torch to remove a lock and allow access to a lock box containing coins.
• Tahoe Forest Hospital reported a domestic violence incident in the emergency room. Officers responded and completed a criminal investigation.
• A vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violation, the driver was arrested for DUI and child endangerment.
• Officers took a report of a stolen bike from outside an apartment on Estates Drive.
• Reporting party called to report an unknown subject broke into his business on West River Street and stole tools and bank checks. Investigation is ongoing.
• Reporting party called to report a shoplifter at a business on Donner Pass Road. Juvenile was cited and released to parent.
• Girlfriend and boyfriend were involved in physical altercation. The girlfriend was arrested for domestic violence.
• A woman came into the police department requesting an information report about a custody issue.
• Consent contact was made with a transient man. Records check revealed the man had been reported missing out of Linwood, Wash. He was removed from the system and the reporting party was contacted.
• Subject entered a bar on Donner Pass Road and was removed from the club two times by the bouncer. The subject was contacted by officers. When the arrest was made, the subject physically resisted the police. The subject threatened to kill officers next time he saw them.
• A male subject was arrested for public intoxication on Donner Pass Road and released with no charges pending.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violation. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• A semi-truck trailer clipped the stop sign at West River Street and Bridge Street. Public works was notified and the sign was replaced.
• A traffic complaint was filed for vehicles speeding on Glenshire Drive.
• An individual contacted the police department to report her credit card information was being used by unknown person without her permission. Report was taken for documentation only.
• Two mountain bikes were stolen from outside a residence on Skislope Way.
• Officers reported a solo bicycle collision with injuries.
• A passing officer witnessed a physical altercation between two subjects in front of a bar. Neither party requested prosecution.
• Officers took a report of a stolen cellphone from an unlocked vehicle.
• Reporting party called the police department to report jewelry went missing while staying at a rental home in Tahoe Donner. The reporting party requested a report to be generated to document this incident for insurance purposes.
• A subject requested documentation of his wife’s refusal to drop off their child according to the custody order. Informational report was taken.
• A bicycle rider was located after leaving a domestic violence scene.
• A subject turned in a found iPhone he discovered at a concert in Sacramento.
• Officers responded to a female refusing to leave a residence on Snowpeak Way. A report as taken for information purposes only.
• Officers responded to a complaint of quad riding in a residential area of Alder Creek Road. Officers located one of the quad drivers and the traffic stop resulted in the driver being arrested for DUI.
• The Truckee Fire District turned in a backpack a staff member found in the wilderness.
• Officers reported a two vehicle non-injury collision.
• Reporting party contacted law enforcement to pick up a found bicycle on Lausanne Way.
• Town of Truckee employee reported vandalism to the bus shelter on Brockway Road.
• Reporting party phoned the police to report an abandoned vehicle. The vehicle’s registration was found to be expired for over six months and the vehicle was towed.
• Safeway employee contacted law enforcement to relinquish a driver’s license left at the store. The driver’s license was expired and taken for destruction.
• Officers reported two vehicle non-injury collision on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers reported a hit and run to a parked vehicle on Estates Drive.
• A subject turned in a wallet he found at a local business.
• Found wallet was turned into the department.
• Truckee Police Department received a report from Reno Police Department of a battery that occurred in Truckee. A courtesy report was filed, and Reno’s report was forward to the Nevada County District Attorney’s Office for a review.
• Driver was stopped for vehicle code violation and was arrested for DUI.
• Officers reported hit and run vehicle collision with property damage.
• A backpack was left unattended behind a downtown business and was stolen by unknown subject(s).
• Late report was taken of a subject destroying property on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers reported CPR in progress on bicyclist, which resulted in a documentation only report for apparent medical related death.
• A children’s bicycle was left unsecured and unattended in front of an apartment on Waters Way and was stolen by unknown subject.
• Officers reported hit and run collision involving damage to town property. There is no suspect information.
• A subject was contacted at his home for alcohol overdose. The subject was medically cleared at the scene. The subject began to argue with his sister and hit his sister with his chest. The subject was arrested for battery and public intoxication.
• Officers reported a non-injury two vehicle collision on Donner Pass Road.
• Officers took a report of vandalism to front yard flower garden on Gyrfalcon Street. There is no suspect information.
• Reporting party reported possible animal abuse. The reporting party confronted the suspect and an argument ensued. The dog owner was interviewed and admitted to kicking his dog. After examining the dog, the dog appeared healthy and had no visible injuries.
Trending In: Local
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump