Truckee Police Logs: Feb. 4-18
February 27, 2014
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for Feb. 4-18, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Reporting party reported his elderly father had been found deceased at their family home on Bexhill Place. Truckee Fire and Nevada County Sheriff's Office were notified and responded.
• Loss prevention officer witnessed suspect shoplift Nyquil and attempt to leave the store without paying for the item. The suspect was detained and later cited and released for shoplifting. The case was forwarded to District Attorney's office for prosecution.
• A concerned citizen reported seeing a man beating his dog inside and around a vehicle within the Sierra Village Apartments parking lot. The suspect was later identified, and abuse was confirmed by video and multiple witnesses. The dog was removed from the owner and returned to the Humane Society of Truckee-Tahoe with the help of Placer County authorities.
Recommended Stories For You
• Unknown suspect took two doors off of the victim's vehicle without the knowledge or consent of the victim. The theft occurred on West River Street.
• Three male juveniles were involved in a prank when they shot BB guns at three other friends fishing on the river. All parties were admonished and the incident was documented as an incident report.
• Truckee Police Department Canine contacted three suspicious subjects in a vehicle near Meadow Park. One subject was cited and released for possession of marijuana and unlawful possession of prescription medication.
• Officers stooped a vehicle for vehicle code violation and the driver was cited for possession of marijuana in the vehicle.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for vehicle code violation and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Reporting party advised Truckee Police Department that unknown person stole wood from underneath his patio on Falcon Point Place.
• Truckee Police Department Canine unit assist California Highway Patrol with a narcotics investigation. One adult was arrested for drug trafficking charges.
• Reporting party found a wallet on trail by Truckee River near 267 bypass.
• Officers contacted an individual acting strangely within a parked car. An investigation resulted in the subject being arrested for the suspicion of being under the influence of controlled substance.
• Officers took a report of a suspect who punched a self-checkout at Safeway causing damage.
• Unknown vehicle hit parked car in a parking lot on Donner Pass Road then fled the scene.
• Information report was taken concerning juvenile bullying issue, which occurred outside of the Town of Truckee.
• Officers took a report of vandalism to golf course with a vehicle. The vandalism occurred on Caleb Cir.
• Officers on foot patrol in the downtown area of Truckee came across an obviously intoxicated subject. The subject was stumbling and using a business's wall to keep himself from falling. The male subject, who was attempting to walk home, was subsequently arrested without incident for public intoxication.
• Victim phoned the police department to report his business computer was left at the downtown bus depot; when he returned the victim discovered it is missing. The victim requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• Officers stooped a male adult on a bicycle for traffic violation on West River Street. The subject was arrested for outstanding arrest warrant and found to be in possession of a controlled substance.
• Victim reported theft of property out of her unlocked vehicle on Soaring Way.
• An unknown suspect took items out of victim's unlocked vehicle without the knowledge of the victim. The theft occurred on Torrey Pine Road.
• Reporting party reported items stolen from her hotel room on Cold Stream Road. The reporting party requested a report to be generated to document this incident.
• A vehicle stop was made by the officers in the downtown area. The driver was suspected of driving under the influence. The driver was released at the scene after completing a breath test with results that were under the California legal limit.
• Reno Police Department located a suspicious package. The address listed on the package was in Truckee. Occupants of the residence claimed no knowledge of incoming package. Reno Police took possession of the package.
• Suspect called victim multiple leaving voice messages on victim's phone, which is a violation of suspect' s probation terms.
• An unknown person broke into a residence and took multiple items. The burglary occurred on Pine Court.
• Union Pacific Railroad authorities called Truckee Police to assist with subjects trespassing on an active train on Donner Pass Road. Two subjects were contacted and subsequently cited and released on the scene.
• Officers responded to a vehicle accident. The vehicle lost control on icy road and crashed. The driver had minor injuries.
• Subject stole a beer from a location on Donner Pass Road. The subject was detained outside by store employees. The subject was under the influence of alcohol and unable to care for his own safety. The staff did not want to press any charges for the theft. The subject was arrested for drunk in public and later released.
• Counter report was taken for a found $100 bill on the ground in a parking lot on Deerfield. Report was taken for information.
• Officials determined a group of juveniles had marijuana or concentrated cannabis on campus on Alder Drive. All of the involved juveniles were talked to but it could not be determined who had brought the drugs onto campus. Report was taken to document the incident.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop for a minor vehicle code violation. An investigation determined the driver to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver was arrested and booked for DUI.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle traveling the wrong direction on one-way road. An investigation determined the driver to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver was subsequently arrested and booked at the Truckee Jail for DUI.
• Landlord moved tenant's personal items out and locked tenant out of the residence. The landlord was advised of fair housing laws. Report was taken for illegal tenant lockout.
• Vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations. The driver and the passenger were found to have warrants. Both were arrested. The driver was later found to be in possession of a controlled substance and paraphernalia.
• Officers conducted a traffic stop on a vehicle for minor vehicle code violations. An investigation determined the driver to be under the influence of alcohol. The driver was booked at Truckee Jail for DUI.
• This report serves as documentation of the submission of retired Truckee Police Department firearms and firearm pieces into property for the purpose of destruction.
• Officers took a report of non-injury hit and run collision. No suspect information.
• An unknown suspect entered victim's locked residence by force and took items without the knowledge or consent of the victim. The burglary occurred on Willow Street.
• Vehicle was stopped for vehicle code violations and the driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers took a report of residential burglary on Wolfe Drive.