Truckee Police Logs, July 23-29
August 22, 2013
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for July 23-29, along with previously unreported incidents.
• Reporting party called to report her 34-year-old son was at the residence harassing her for money. The subject was located on the street in front of the residence. He was arrested for being intoxicated in public and for grand theft on another case.
• A female adult was deemed unable to care for herself and was transported to the hospital for evaluation.
• A business located on Donner Pass Road turned in a cellphone that was found in the street.
• A delivery truck ran into a power line, causing the power line to be pulled away from the residence. The incident occurred on Willow Street.
• A subject was contacted for crossing an intersection while the "don't walk" signal was displayed. It was determined that the individual had a local felony warrant and he was arrested.
• Man reported a bicycle was left unlocked and unattended in front of his residence on Davos Drive and was stolen by unknown subjects.
• Officers were dispatched to a local business on Donner Pass Road regarding a possible hit-and-run accident. A vehicle hit a building and then left the scene. The driver and the vehicle were later identified.
• A two vehicle non-injury collision occurred on a town of Truckee-maintained roadway.
• Officers contacted a subject outside of the carnival. The subject was on probation with a non-alcohol abuse clause. The subject had alcohol in her possession and was arrested for violation of probation. She was booked in Nevada County after she became combative.
• A driver pulled over beside officers on the highway engaged in a traffic stop to ask directions. The driver was subsequently arrested for various narcotics violations.
• Officers responded to report of a battery between father and son on Estates Drive. The father did not desire prosecution against the son.
• Officers responded to a report of a female subject refusing to leave a residence on Northwoods Boulevard. The female subject was arrested for driving under the influence.
• While responding to a call for service, officers observed a female driving away from the scene. The driver was contacted and was very intoxicated. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers responded to a report of a fight involving numerous subjects on Rue Ivy. Upon arrival officers found a male adult with serious head injuries. The subject was care-flighted to the local hospital for treatment.
• A report was taken for a vandalized mailbox on Frond Road.
• An unknown subject broke into a unlocked vehicle and stole victim's wallet and sunglasses case.
• A local church was entered by an unknown suspect(s) during Sunday service. The suspect(s) stole personal items from victims.
• A male subject was caught stealing by a loss-prevention agent at a local retailer on Donner Pass Road. The subject was cited for petty theft.
• Officers responded to a traffic accident involving two vehicles.
• Subject reported she lost her cellphone while at local grocery store on Deerfield Drive. Officers later located the person's cellphone and it was returned to her.
• A vehicle accident investigation resulted in DUI arrest.
• Officers reported a hit and run vehicle collision in private parking lot on Donner Pass Road. There is no suspect information.
• Reported shoplifter resulted in citation and release of suspect.
• Police officers confiscated several firearms for safe keeping from a residence after a domestic dispute. While booking the firearms for evidence, it was discovered one the weapons was a banned assault rifle.