Truckee Police Logs, July 30-Aug. 6
August 29, 2013
Below are select incidents from the Truckee Police Department's press log for July 30 to Aug. 6, along with previously unreported incidents.
• A subject called police concerned for his neighbor whom he hadn't seen in several weeks. Upon an investigation it was determined the neighbor was deceased inside his residence. The death does not appear to be suspicious.
• A subject was arrested for shoplifting at a local convenience store. The subject was cited and released.
• An intoxicated suspect fell down some stairs and started physically fighting with his parents when they tried to check his welfare. The suspect was arrested for being intoxicated in public.
Recommended Stories For You
• Officers took a report of fraudulent purchase on a credit card. The report was taken for insurance purposes.
• Officers reported a two-vehicle, non-injury traffic collision.
• A subject reported he may have misplaced/lost his skis.
• Officers took a report of vandalism on Estates Drive. The back window of a vehicle was broken by unknown subject.
• Officers stopped a vehicle for code violations. The driver had placed an incorrect license plate on the vehicle. The driver was detained. Consent search of driver's backpack revealed illegal drugs. The driver was arrested.
• A subject caused several disturbances in a bar, including two fights. The bouncer removed the subject from the bar five times. The subject returned five times, and the last time tried to start a fight with the bouncer and was detained. The subject was arrested for being intoxicated in public.
• A driver was stopped for vehicle code violations on Sierra Avenue. The driver was arrested for DUI.
• Officers responded to a report of possible domestic violence on Courtenay Lane. Upon arrival, it was determined the female was the primary aggressor. The female left for Southern California prior to police arrival. The case was forwarded to the District Attorney for review.
• A victim of a theft reported his bike being stolen from the rear of his pickup parked in front of his residence on Jeffery Pine Avenue.
• Unknown suspect(s) splattered eggs on a new trailer at a mobile home park on Pioneer Trail.
• A town of Truckee citizen turned in a found AARP debit master card. The owner of the card could not be contacted.
• A subject lost his phone while skateboarding.
• Officers responded to a report of shoplifting on Donner Pass Road. The call for service was made an hour after the incident had occurred, resulting in the suspect being unable to be located.
• A victim of a theft reported property being stolen from her unlocked vehicle while at work on Pine Street.
• Officers responded to a report of missing person on Ski Slope Way. Report was taken and the subject was entered in the Missing Person`s system.
• A vacation rental home was burglarized on South Shore Drive. Many antique items were stolen by unknown subject(s).
• Unknown subjects broke into a residence on South Shore Drive and rifled through the property inside. It does not appear anything was stolen at this time.
• Officers reported battery committed by juvenile in the residence on Northwoods Boulevard. The juvenile was subsequently arrested and booked into Nevada County Juvenile Hall.
• A sex registrant transient came into Nevada County Sheriff's Office to register. The subject has been out of compliance since 2011. The subject was arrested.
• A horse-drawn carriage collided with a tree after the horses were spooked. There was one serious injury and other complains of pain.
• Officers responded to a report of a bear inside an unoccupied home on Viking Way. The bear was scared out of the home by a neighbor prior to officers arriving.
• A home on Somerset Drive had been vandalized a few times over the last year. The type of vandalism indicates it may have been committed by juveniles.
• Officers received a report of a possibly suicidal subject in the Truckee area from out of state. The subject's cellphone was called and an extensive search was conducted but the subject was not located. The subject was entered into the Missing Person's database.
• Reporting party reported a local cable company damaging his property while installing cable in the duplex next door to his residence.
• A citizen turned in ammo to the Police Department lobby that he no longer wanted around the house.
• Officers were dispatched to an address regarding a subject causing a disturbance and vandalizing a residence on Worchester Circle. Upon arrival, offices located the subject who displayed bizarre behavior and became aggressive toward the officers. The subject was taken into custody and Nevada County Mental Health took custody of the subject.
Recommended Stories For You
Trending In: Local
- Table Fire at 420 acres in Eldorado National Forest
- Reno man killed in head-on crash northeast of Truckee on Interstate 80
- Arapahoe Basin once again country’s first ski area to open, marking start of 2017-2018 season
- Update: Multiple fires burning in Nevada County; 821-acre Lobo Fire is 93 percent contained (video)
- Truckee takes 26-14 win over Spring Creek