Truckee Police still searching for missing 60-year-old man
April 30, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Police are still looking for the public's help in locating a man who's been missing for more than a month.
Duane Colin, 60, of Truckee, was reported missing by family members on March 28, and police have no leads on his whereabouts after checking his residence on the northwest end of Donner Lake, local hospitals and mental health facilities earlier this month.
"At the time he went missing, he was talking about wanting to contact the federal government, but no reason was given," the Truckee Police Department said in a statement Tuesday. "He appeared to be in good physical health."
According to previous reports, Colin's vehicle was parked in his driveway and hasn't moved since he was reported missing.
Colin is described as 5 feet 11 inches tall, 170 pounds, with greying brown hair and grey eyes. Anyone with information should contact TPD at 530-550-2320.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues