Truckee Police still searching for missing 60-year-old man
April 30, 2014
TRUCKEE, Calif. — Police are still looking for the public's help in locating a man who's been missing for more than a month.
Duane Colin, 60, of Truckee, was reported missing by family members on March 28, and police have no leads on his whereabouts after checking his residence on the northwest end of Donner Lake, local hospitals and mental health facilities earlier this month.
"At the time he went missing, he was talking about wanting to contact the federal government, but no reason was given," the Truckee Police Department said in a statement Tuesday. "He appeared to be in good physical health."
According to previous reports, Colin's vehicle was parked in his driveway and hasn't moved since he was reported missing.
Colin is described as 5 feet 11 inches tall, 170 pounds, with greying brown hair and grey eyes. Anyone with information should contact TPD at 530-550-2320.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Truckee joins North Tahoe, Incline with CERT volunteer groups
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Lake Tahoe weather: Floriston, Highway 89 areas still may be down until Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered