Truckee Sanitary District hires new general manager
July 29, 2014
Thomas S. Selfridge retired after 10 years as general manager and chief engineer of the Truckee Sanitary District (TSD).
Succeeding Selfridge is Blake R. Tresan, a 12-year TSD employee, who previously held the position of assistant general manager and district engineer. Tresan, a California Licensed Professional Engineer in Civil Engineering holds degrees from University of California, Berkeley and UC Davis. Tresan is excited about the opportunity to manage the TSD stating, “I feel very fortunate to have the opportunity to work with such talented and dedicated employees for an organization and board of directors that is committed protecting Truckee’s public health and environment.”
Board President Nelson Van Gundy said the selection of Tresan was an easy choice based on his experience, knowledge and enthusiasm for the job. “The District is extremely grateful to Tom for his years of exemplary service. We are confident that Blake will continue to provide strong leadership for the organization and community into the future,” said Van Gundy.
The Truckee Sanitary District (TSD) is the public agency responsible for the collection and conveyance of wastewater in the greater Truckee area.
Formed in 1906, TSD is governed by a five-member publicly elected Board of Directors. TSD holds Board Meetings on the third Thursday of each month at its administration building located at 12304 Joerger Drive, Truckee.
For more information about TSD call 530-587-3804 or visit http://www.truckeesan.org.
Trending In: Local
- Whoops! Accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Tahoe under the surface: Photographer dives deep for underwater shots
- I-80 wrecks: If you thought there were more than usual at Floriston, you’re right
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Practice these winter safety tips
- Tahoe Standing Rock supporters celebrate Dakota Access Pipeline decision
- 5 arrested near Truckee after iPhone thefts, high-speed chase (w/ mugshots)
- Opinion: Risk of catastrophic fire at Lake Tahoe just got worse
- Whoops! Backhoe accident left Alpine Meadows in the dark
- Truckee Bank of America armed robbery: Second suspect arrested
- Evidence heard in April murder of woman near Truckee