Truckee Tahoe Community Television welcomes new management team
Ryan Summerlin August 12, 2014
Truckee Tahoe Community Television is pleased to announce the addition of two broadcast veterans to its management team: Dan Martin, executive director and Rory O’Farrell, operations manager.
Dan Martin has worked in many facets of television for the past 15 years. With a news production background, he worked for KOLO-TV in Reno for nine years as a director, studio camera operator, field photographer and promotions manager. After moving to a job in sales at Reno’s KTVN-TV, he returned to television production as a director at GEMS-TV, a home shopping network. He also worked as a director and replay playback operator for the Reno Aces for four years.
Martin said, “This station can be as strong as the community it serves. I’m proud to be living in Truckee and working with its people. Television has the power to inspire, so if you have a passion that can benefit our great community come down to Channel 6 and share it on our local community station.”
Rory O’Farrell has been volunteering at TTCTV since 2009, while he was teaching video production for the 49er ROP program at Truckee High School. More recently he served as the afternoon radio host at 101.5 Truckee Tahoe Radio. O’Farrell is a 30-year broadcast veteran, including 10 years with the NBA Sacramento Kings.
TTCTV operates Channels 6 and 18 on Suddenlink Cable TV. Channel 6 is dedicated to public access and educational programming, while Channel 18 primarily broadcasts meetings of public agencies like the Truckee Town Council and Planning Commission, TDPUD, the Truckee-Tahoe Airport Board and the TTUSD Board meetings. These meetings also stream live on www.TTCTV.org
“Dan and I are excited about this opportunity to kickstart some new programming at TTCTV, and we invite individuals and organizations to join us in bringing more locally-produced programs to the Truckee Tahoe area,” said O’Farrell. “We produced coverage of the Truckee July 4 parade — look for us at more events in the near future!”
Individuals or organizations who want to find out more about creating programming for TTCTV should contact Dan Martin or Rory O’Farrell at 530-550-1194, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- Incline Village sheriff’s picnic sees good turnout in great weather
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Truckee football ices Elko Indians, 39-0; marks 3rd straight shutout
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000