Truckee Tahoe Community Television welcomes new management team
August 12, 2014
Truckee Tahoe Community Television is pleased to announce the addition of two broadcast veterans to its management team: Dan Martin, executive director and Rory O'Farrell, operations manager.
Dan Martin has worked in many facets of television for the past 15 years. With a news production background, he worked for KOLO-TV in Reno for nine years as a director, studio camera operator, field photographer and promotions manager. After moving to a job in sales at Reno's KTVN-TV, he returned to television production as a director at GEMS-TV, a home shopping network. He also worked as a director and replay playback operator for the Reno Aces for four years.
Martin said, "This station can be as strong as the community it serves. I'm proud to be living in Truckee and working with its people. Television has the power to inspire, so if you have a passion that can benefit our great community come down to Channel 6 and share it on our local community station."
Rory O'Farrell has been volunteering at TTCTV since 2009, while he was teaching video production for the 49er ROP program at Truckee High School. More recently he served as the afternoon radio host at 101.5 Truckee Tahoe Radio. O'Farrell is a 30-year broadcast veteran, including 10 years with the NBA Sacramento Kings.
TTCTV operates Channels 6 and 18 on Suddenlink Cable TV. Channel 6 is dedicated to public access and educational programming, while Channel 18 primarily broadcasts meetings of public agencies like the Truckee Town Council and Planning Commission, TDPUD, the Truckee-Tahoe Airport Board and the TTUSD Board meetings. These meetings also stream live on http://www.TTCTV.org
"Dan and I are excited about this opportunity to kickstart some new programming at TTCTV, and we invite individuals and organizations to join us in bringing more locally-produced programs to the Truckee Tahoe area," said O'Farrell. "We produced coverage of the Truckee July 4 parade — look for us at more events in the near future!"
Individuals or organizations who want to find out more about creating programming for TTCTV should contact Dan Martin or Rory O'Farrell at 530-550-1194, or email at email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Longtime Squaw Valley fire chief to retire, reflects on decades of evolution
- Grand ‘Linking Tahoe’ transit plan may not be as simple as it sounds
- Residents urged to get educated before Lake Tahoe boating season
- After 15 years of missed reviews, Truckee assessing Martis Valley Quarry
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: What to do if you think you’re having a heart attack
- What’s the story behind Truckee’s West River Street cottages?
- Lake Tahoe weather: Foot of snow possible at high elevations Friday
- North Tahoe crime logs: Screwdriver-wielding man threatens retail shop staff
- Lake Tahoe weather: 10-20 inches of snow forecast by Wednesday up top
- Truckee Police Logs: 2 arrests in 2 days for meth possession