Village Notes: What’s happening in Incline Village
Ryan Summerlin April 10, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — I am so glad winter is over and we can now begin to enjoy spring at Tahoe. Get out and see some of the flowers starting to bloom around the village. Right now the village is quiet with so many families on vacation. Earth Day is this month and we can all do our part by helping pick up some of the trash starting to accumulate around the village by taking along a trash bag on our daily walks.
Sorry to have to report that Monday, April 15, is Tax Day. Definitely a day to go sit at the beach and enjoy Tahoe. Oh, and also starting Tuesday, April 15, dogs are no longer allowed at Ski Beach. That of course means it is also time to remind everyone that is the responsibility of each owner to clean up the doggy doo-doo as they walk around. We have lots of places to deposit trash around the village. Please be responsible, pet owners.
If you are eager to start the summer season, Tennis Center Membership Passes are already available at the Parks and Recreation Department Counter in the Rec. Center. For information call 775-832-1310. New Peak Season and Twilight Passes will be available this year.
Tickets are on sale for The Vagina Monologues on April 26-27 at the North Tahoe Event Center in Kings Beach. To purchase tickets call Tahoe SAFE Alliance at 775-298-0010.
Another event to attend is the Tahoe Family Solutions annual Surf and Turf dinner at Big Water Grille on Tuesday, May 7. Limited seating is available. Make reservations at 775-298-0004.
So sad to report that the bowling trophy will not be at Incline Bowl. Our local Bowl Incline Teams took second through sixth place and were a mere five pins short of taking the trophy. Oh so close. A huge shout out thank you to all the Bowl Incline Bowlers that participate. Everyone had fun!
Happy anniversary to Jim Glazier and Millie Szerman on April 15.
Celebrating birthdays this week: Gerry Eick on April 13; John Paganelli on April 14; Incline’s Mr. Chocolate, Aaron Zendner, on April 15 and Allen Ferris on April 17. Happy Birthday!
The best deal or steal in the village this week is at Mellow Fellow at North state line. Great beer selections and lots of fun things happening all the time.
As always send in your birthdays, anniversaries, and news, along with the best deals and steals you can find, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Marijuana grow discussion in Nevada County delayed until after election
- NorCal man treks around Lake Tahoe, raises $100K for war vets
- Fall reading picks: South Tahoe library provides selections for the season
- 3 adults rescued from Lake Tahoe after boat takes on water
- PHOTOS: Lake Tahoe fire crews douse small Spooner Lake blaze
- Motorcycle gang member fatally shot on I-80 near Truckee
- Nevada duo arrested in Truckee on theft, heroin possession charges
- Tensions still high over Lake Tahoe bear management on Nevada side
- LIVE COVERAGE: Truckee football takes on Elko in undefeated showdown
- North Tahoe crime logs: Two rings stolen from jewelry store, valued at $15,000