Village Notes: What’s happening in Incline Village
March 20, 2013
Welcome spring. Tahoe is ready and spring breakers can enjoy our warm weather and beach days along with the locals. The beaches were very busy over the weekend and it looks like picnic time is back. Great place for an Easter gathering.
Don't forget this Friday and Saturday, the Incline Star Follies will again take the stage at the Cal Neva. I know ticket sales have been brisk but some tickets are still available if you act fast. Tickets are on sale at The Potlatch.
The Incline Village/Crystal Bay Republican Women's Club will be going to Carson City on Tuesday, April 9, for a dinner at the Governor's Mansion. Cost is $50 per person to attend. Mail reservations before April 4 with checks to IVCB RW, PO Box 3009, Incline Village, NV 89450. For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Millie Carter at 775-831-4596. This is a fundraiser for the club and proceeds will be used to give scholarships to Incline High students.
On Monday, March 25, at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center, Michael Pook, Environmental Scientist for the Nevada Tahoe Conservation District, will be the speaker at the Rotary Club Meeting at noon. For information or a reservation call Judy Spees at 775-832-7006.
The call is out for bowlers. Help Bowl Incline with the Battle of the Houses Tournament on Sunday, April 7, at Bowl Incline. Need teams of three to participate and entry forms are available in person at Bowl Incline or visit ccusbc.net.
Birthdays for this week: Daniel Luksch and Amy Rosen on March 21; Briana Barraza and Mary Blanchette on Friday, March 22; Jim Brockman, Eric Glasgow and Mary O'Donnell on March 23; Sean Fox and Kristina Hill on March 24; Ken Gohr on March 25; Samantha Kurashewich and Phil Roock on March 26; Pat Griffin, Deborah Hackett and John Little on March 27. Happy Birthday everyone.
For Deals and Steals this week, check out the Rec. Center. At 10:30 a.m. on Saturday morning children can enjoy the annual Under Water Egg Hunt. For information call 775-832-1310. And don't forget next week is the annual community egg hunt at Incline Beach.
As always, send in your birthdays, anniversaries, and news, along with the best deals and steals you can find, to email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Tahoe nonprofit seeks to reduce stigma about wolfdogs, ensure owners know best way to care for them
- Tahoe ski resort avalanche victim ID’d as California man (updated)
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- What’s the ‘word’ on downtown Truckee’s newest bookstore?
- Male snowboarder, 43, dies after falling into tree well at Tahoe-area resort
- Lake Tahoe-area power outages almost completely restored (updates)
- Lake Tahoe skiing: Amid record snow, Squaw to stay open through July 4
- Tahoe Top 5: What to keep in your car to ensure safety during winter storms
- Opinion: Truckee Town Council, police need to address traffic issues