Village Notes: What’s happening in Incline Village
March 20, 2013
Welcome spring. Tahoe is ready and spring breakers can enjoy our warm weather and beach days along with the locals. The beaches were very busy over the weekend and it looks like picnic time is back. Great place for an Easter gathering.
Don’t forget this Friday and Saturday, the Incline Star Follies will again take the stage at the Cal Neva. I know ticket sales have been brisk but some tickets are still available if you act fast. Tickets are on sale at The Potlatch.
The Incline Village/Crystal Bay Republican Women’s Club will be going to Carson City on Tuesday, April 9, for a dinner at the Governor’s Mansion. Cost is $50 per person to attend. Mail reservations before April 4 with checks to IVCB RW, PO Box 3009, Incline Village, NV 89450. For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Millie Carter at 775-831-4596. This is a fundraiser for the club and proceeds will be used to give scholarships to Incline High students.
On Monday, March 25, at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center, Michael Pook, Environmental Scientist for the Nevada Tahoe Conservation District, will be the speaker at the Rotary Club Meeting at noon. For information or a reservation call Judy Spees at 775-832-7006.
The call is out for bowlers. Help Bowl Incline with the Battle of the Houses Tournament on Sunday, April 7, at Bowl Incline. Need teams of three to participate and entry forms are available in person at Bowl Incline or visit ccusbc.net.
Birthdays for this week: Daniel Luksch and Amy Rosen on March 21; Briana Barraza and Mary Blanchette on Friday, March 22; Jim Brockman, Eric Glasgow and Mary O’Donnell on March 23; Sean Fox and Kristina Hill on March 24; Ken Gohr on March 25; Samantha Kurashewich and Phil Roock on March 26; Pat Griffin, Deborah Hackett and John Little on March 27. Happy Birthday everyone.
For Deals and Steals this week, check out the Rec. Center. At 10:30 a.m. on Saturday morning children can enjoy the annual Under Water Egg Hunt. For information call 775-832-1310. And don’t forget next week is the annual community egg hunt at Incline Beach.
As always, send in your birthdays, anniversaries, and news, along with the best deals and steals you can find, to email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Opinion: The facts about Washoe school’s capital program, amid WC-1