Village Notes: What’s happening in our community
March 27, 2013
Celebrate Easter in style this weekend — under an umbrella instead of with your snow gear. Of course the big bunny could bring a little snow, and that seems to be all we are allowed. If you are eager to welcome spring to Tahoe, stop down at Aspen Grove to see the beautiful daffodils in bloom up against the building. That’s right, daffodils blooming in March.
A huge thank you to everyone connected to the Star Follies including everyone who attended. From Potlatch selling tickets to the lighting crew, congratulations on a great show. Thank you for entertaining us for so many years. We appreciate what you do so much.
The Rotary Club of Incline Village will host speaker G. Wayne Glass on Monday, April 1, at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center. He will speak on his work with the U.S. Senate and as a professor of International Relations at USC. For a reservation to attend the meeting please contact Judy Spees at 775-832-7006.
On Tuesday, April 9, the Incline Village/Crystal Bay Republican Women’s Club will be going to Carson City for a dinner at the Governor’s Mansion. Mail all reservations before April 4 along with payment, to IVCB RW, PO Box 3009, Incline Village, NV 89450. The cost is $50 per person. For information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Mille Carter at 775-831-4596. This is a fundraiser for the club and proceeds will be used to give scholarships to Incline High students.
Bowlers interested in participating in the Battle of the Houses Tournament on Sunday, April 7, at Bowl Incline can still sign up. The alley needs teams of three to participate, and entry forms are available in person at Bowl Incline or by visiting ccusbc.net.
Plan now to attend a special reception for artist Cathy McClelland from 4:30-6 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17, at the Soule Domain Restaurant.
A special shout-out to Bonanza and Sierra Sun Sports Editor Sylas Wright, whose birthday is March 30. Other birthdays: Lori Pommerenck and Steve Rebholz on March 28; John Fardelmann and Natalie Tiras on March 29; Jessica Krupa on March 30; Abby Patton on March 31. Happy Birthday!
For Deals and Steals this week, you must attend the annual Community Egg hunt at Incline Beach for infants through 11-year-olds on Saturday, March 30. This is a free event for the children and it is worth watching as it is definitely our fastest event. It starts at 11 a.m. sharp and is really over within minutes. Go enjoy.
As always, send in your birthdays, anniversaries, and news, along with the best deals and steals you can find, to email@example.com.
Trending In: Local
- Cool cowboy: Longtime Tahoe trash service provider to retire soon
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- North Tahoe crime logs: ‘Slobbering’ man dislocates cop’s shoulder
- Poo problems: Tahoe Donner resident proposes solution for dog waste
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway
- Jim Porter: Voting recommendations for November 8, part one (opinion)
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens