Village Notes: What’s happening in our community
April 3, 2013
If you were in town for Easter Sunday you heard the unusual sound of thunder throughout Incline. It was strange to wake up to a real thunderstorm, and many locals actually thought it was an avalanche. Sure did make the dogs and cats in town climb back under the covers.
A huge shout out to IVGID and the other sponsors for the annual egg hunt on Incline Beach on Saturday. Not only was it a weather perfect day but also it was great to see all the families and children having fun on the beach.
On Tuesday, April 9, the Incline Village/Crystal Bay Republican Women’s Club will be going to Carson City for a dinner at the Governor’s Mansion. For information contact email@example.com or Mille Carter at 775-831-4596. This is a fundraiser for the club and proceeds will be used to give scholarships to Incline High students.
Plan now to attend a special reception for artist Cathy McClelland from 4:30-6:00 p.m. on Wednesday, April 17 at the Soule Domain Restaurant.
Glad to see that Sean McClelland is back on the road to recovery after his tonsillectomy and has started his last quarter of school for this year. Glad that his mom was able to travel to Chicago to be with Sean, but she was missed at the Jurkonis Easter gathering.
On Sunday, April 7, a whole lot of Incline bowlers will be participating in the Battle of the Houses tournament at Bowl Incline. The fun starts at noon and will have two squads with the second squad starting at 3 p.m. Go to Bowl Incline and cheer on your favorite locals.
Birthdays to celebrate this week — what, no one with a birthday this week? We will wait to celebrate next week.
The deal and steal this week is at Diamond Peak and we just hope the snow holds out until Sunday is over. Sunday is the Dummy Downhill and a favorite for most locals. The judging starts at 11 a.m. and I am sure the special dummy creations will be as spectacular as always. It is free to come and watch and cheer on your favorite Dummy.
As always, send in your birthdays, anniversaries, and news, along with the best deals and steals you can find, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Opinion: Keeping Squaw ‘true’ may doom Squaw to failure
- In walk across America, man spreads word on dangers of drug overdose
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- North Tahoe Mellow Fellow closes after property’s foreclosure
- Lake Tahoe resort to open ski-in, ski-out coworking space
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump