Village Notes: What’s happening in our community
May 1, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — The May flowers are in full bloom and we do not have to worry about the snow leaving the golf course this year. Grab your clubs and let the season begin at the driving range. Or head over to the tennis courts for some early spring conditioning. The Tennis Pro Shop opens May 6 and membership passes are now available.
Don’t miss out celebrating this weekend with the Kentucky Derby on Saturday and Cinco de Mayo on Sunday. Both events are going to be celebrated around the village at local establishments.
A huge shout-out to the Incline High School Senior Class of 2013. The Donkey Basketball fundraiser Wednesday night was the best entertainment ever. Congratulations to the committee: Katie Orlady, Ginetta Sagan, Sophie Breider, Vanessa Tinoco and Eric Rodriguez for such a fun event.
Mother’s Day is Sunday, May 12, and to help you make gift selections, Handmade at the Lake is offering a wine and nibbles evening from 4-7 p.m. on Tuesday, May 7. Plus, they will have a sale on all merchandise. Pick out a beautiful handmade-in-Tahoe treasure for Mom.
Tahoe Family Solutions’ annual Surf and Turf dinner at Big Water Grille is Tuesday, May 7. If you are still interested in attending call 775-298-0004 to see if tickets are still available.
Our local Relay for Life crew is planning a bowling event for the community. It will be on Saturday, May 11, at Bowl Incline and all are welcome to participate. For information look for the Relay for Life ad in this week’s paper.
On Tuesday, May 14, at The Chateau, the Incline Village/Crystal Bay Republican Women will be hosting some of America’s Greatest First Ladies for lunch The cost is $25 per person to attend the luncheon and First Ladies Fashion Show. Reservations must be made no later than Thursday, May 9 by email to email@example.com or call Millie at 775-831-4596.
Save the Date of May 27 for a Memorial Day Service that starts at 11 a.m. at the Memorial Cemetery in Fernley. Following the ceremony the Nevada Vietnam Veterans Memorial will be unveiled. The Memorial lists the names of 151 young men from our state as well as the names of eight nurses. This will be a very special and moving ceremony.
Birthdays to celebrate this week: Robert Hunt turns 60 on May 7. Congratulations Robert. Other birthdays: North Lake Tahoe Bonanza/Sierra Sun Reporter Margaret Moran on May 4; Heather Bacon on May 8; and North Lake Tahoe Bonanza Advertising Consultant Stacy Collins and Kay Felte on May 9. Happy, Happy Birthday.
The best deal or steal in the village this week is the annual Cinco de Mayo celebration on Sunday, May 5, at the Hacienda de la Sierra in Incline. It features live music, drink specials, a tortilla toss and raffle prizes plus lots more. The fun begins at noon.
As always send in your birthdays, anniversaries, and news, along with the best deals and steals you can find, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Prop 64 would bring more than legal pot to California
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: Truckee Tahoe Airport District — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people (4 locals) in vehicle burglary, theft cases
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- Hungry like the Wolf: Renowned Tahoe chef pens book on history of Wolfdale’s restaurant, life in kitchens
- Beth Howard leaving Northstar; search for new GM underway