Village Notes: What’s happening in our community
March 14, 2013
INCLINE VILLAGE, Nev. — Hope everyone survived the time change over the weekend. I see lots of tired locals looking forward to fall and finding that lost hour. We are now slowly inching forward to the first day of spring and after the Leprechauns finish off this weekend, it will be next.
On Saturday, March 16, stop over at the Tahoe Family Solutions Thrift Store from noon to 2 p.m. located in the Village Center, upper level, and check out the new and expanded store. Drop off your gently used items and enjoy hotdogs and soda.
Join the Tahoe Nevada Chapter of AAUW at 5:30 p.m. on Wednesday, March 20, at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center to hear speaker Kathryn Kelly from the e-Learning Café. All reservations must be made no later than Monday, March 18 to Cindy Frei at email@example.com or call Barbara Fitzpatrick at 775-832-6977.
On Monday, March 18 at the Wildflower Café attend The Women's Club luncheon. The social hour begins at noon and is followed by lunch and the speaker from Chico's clothing and accessories store in the Summit in Reno. Cost is $18 and reservations must be made by Wednesday, March 13 to Florine Kubel at 775-831-9235.
Also on Monday, March 18, at the Donald W. Reynolds Community Non-Profit Center, Karli Epstein, Development Director for the Northern Nevada American Red Cross, will be the speaker at the Rotary Club Meeting at noon. For information or a reservation call Judy Spees at 775-832-7006.
Don't forget Easter is also this month and you do not want to miss the Underwater Egg Hunt at the Rec. Center Pool on Saturday, March 23, or the Spring Eggstravaganza Community Egg Hunt on Saturday, March 30.
I know that our local bowlers participated in the Men's Invitational and the Women's Open at Gold Dust West in Carson City, but no results have been reported. We will hope for news next week on the bowlers.
Birthdays for this week: Maggie Browder and Joe Humasti on March 13; Tommy Cortopassi and Christopher Ludtke on March 14; Mike Golds on March 15; Carol Buergin, Lisa Cates and Bill Robbins on March 16; Josh Cuttler and Mariah McCloskey on March 18. Happy Birthday everyone.
For Deals and Steals this week, celebrate St. Patrick's Day in style at the Tahoe Biltmore. Corned Beef and Cabbage will be available both Saturday and Sunday. Go enjoy!
As always, send in your birthdays, anniversaries, and news, along with the best deals and steals you can find, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Local
- Truckee housing: Town OKs extra $100K to Artist Lofts loan
- Sierra history: Top 5 snowiest winters ever for the Truckee-Tahoe region
- Tahoe-Truckee storms: May take months to determine true cost of damage
- Truckee Chief’s Corner: Follow these tips to know if the ice is safe
- Still no cause of Homewood ski resort, Tahoe City Henrikson fires
- Teen skiers mourned: two skiers killed in avalanche remembered
- Lake Tahoe weather: Progress being made on widespread power outages
- Lake Tahoe weather: Some on West Shore may be without power into Saturday
- Officials may have to ‘spill’ excess water from Lake Tahoe
- Lake Tahoe weather: Snow, rain, avalanches, mudslides and more possible this week