Who’s your crawdaddy? | River Ranch to host inaugural festival
August 14, 2014
In conjunction with River Ranch’s no rafting event series, the restaurant will hold the first ever Crawdad Festival.
Plan an afternoon of fun on the patio and in the “lagoon” at the Ranch on Saturday, Aug. 16, starting at noon. Festivities include a crawdad boil, crawdad races, weigh-ins, live band and prizes with Cajun theme. The swimming hole and “lazy river” will be open for floating.
Crawdad specials will include a Bucket O’ Crawdads with corn and potatoes, a Crawdad Cocktail and Crawdad Fritters.
“With everyone worried about sustainability, we decided to launch a new program ‘Eat Local and Invasive’ since they are an invasive species to Tahoe,” said Chef JET Talmadge. “Don’t get me started about the difference between a fritter and a hush puppy.”
Crawdad catching will be in full swing and similar to a fishing derby, take your “fishing” supplies including nets, traps, bait (yes hot dogs are the best), or whatever you use to catch your crawdads.
Or purchase fishin’ supplies for $5 at the River Ranch and be ready for the weigh-ins and prizes for the biggest and smallest crawdads. The winners will also have their picture posted to Facebook!
In addition, the River Ranch is kicking off the summer with a crawl as they put crawdads head to head in a race to the finish. After you catch your crawdad, you can race against your friends.
Prizes will be awarded to the winners. The (losers) may be eaten!
The River Ranch will have inflatables available for everyone to use.
The River Ranch offers an outdoor patio on the Truckee River, at the bottom of Alpine Meadows Road in between Tahoe City and Squaw Valley. Call 530-583-4264 for more information or visit http://www.riverranchlodge.com.
Trending In: Local
- Election 2016: IVGID Board of Trustees — read 6 candidate statements
- Election 2016: To legalize marijuana in Nevada … or to not legalize?
- Truckee mulls free downtown shuttle for Xmas, New Year’s Eve holidays
- Election 2016: Tahoe Forest Hospital District — read 2 candidate statements
- Election 2016: NLTFPD Board of Directors — read 4 candidate statements
- Truckee Police arrest 5 people in vehicle burglary, theft cases (updated)
- Lake Tahoe weather: More rain in forecast after recent 11 billion-gallon dump
- Squaw development: Little progress made on Attorney General’s concerns
- Tahoe hiking: 6 must-see spots to enjoy autumn colors around the lake
- U.S. Ski Team’s Tim Jitloff, a Truckee native, talks life on and off the slopes